Dune (2020)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Nolan62 wrote:
February 22nd, 2019, 8:16 am
Javier Bardem on Dune : https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246730 ... euves-dune
The most important thing is that I love Denis, since Prisoners. What a luxury! He asked me if I would ever be interested in being part of Dune. Are you kidding? How much do I have to pay? It's one of those blessings that you have in this amazing, blessed life that I happen to have: having a job that I love, and make a living with, and also work with people that I truly admire and respect, and I'm getting inspired by it. It's a lot.
I read the first three books, and, of course, I saw David Lynch's film. I'm going to be turning 50 on March 1st, so I saw David Lynch's film, which I loved. I remember the day I saw it in 1984, I think, and it was weird! And I loved it! It was big and weird, and those sandworms!
Last question of the interview:

Do you know when you are going to be shooting Dune?

Bardem: It’s going to be May/June.

Arrival creature designer Carlos Huante briefly worked on Dune:

Huante:
“But I’ve been fortunate enough that Denis brings me on to his projects. Recently I did the same thing for Dune, I walked-on and off. I can’t talk about that film, of course. I know nothing about it other than I did the same thing on that one where I worked briefly and then left. But it was potentially even less involvement than Blade Runner. Depending on whether they use what I did or not.“
Full interview here he did the Replicants' showcase in 2049. My guess is that he designed the Guild Navigators and perhaps even the Sandworms.

Oku
Looks like then that it could easily come out sooner than November 2020 if they really wanted it to.

For comparison, Interstellar started production in August 2013 and then came out November 2014.

m4st4 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 3:28 pm
Yes! Fingers crossed Legendary will put out something official tomorrow... You never know.

@Oku: I haven't followed Interstellar's production or marketing at all back then, but wasn't the release date scheduled before they started production, as per usual? Perhaps they could release Dune earlier, but the date they got now is not crowded as the Spring and Summer tend to be.

edit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti ... NPypYe8nEY[/youtube]

why isn't the embedding working dammit

Ace
Chang Chen Joining Denis Villeneuve's 'Dune'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ie-1195239
Chang Chen is in negotiations to join Legendary's adaptation of the sci-fi novel. He would play Dr. Yueh, who in the novel is a physician who works for the Atreides family.

There's a poetic symmetry to Chen taking a trip to the sandy dunes of Arrakis with a role in Dune. He rose to prominence with 2000's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in which he played the desert bandit Dark Cloud for filmmaker Ang Lee. In recent years, he starred in Hou Hsiao-hsien's The Assassin, which took home the best director's prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 2015, and he also appeared in the 2017 martial arts film Brotherhood of Blades II: The Infernal Battlefield, the 2017 drama Mr. Long and 2018's Forever Young.

Good addition to the cast! Dr Wellington Yueh is quite a nice part.