Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!

Y'all forgetting that TECHNICALLY EndGame was never re-released. It expanded while still being in the cinemas.

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 11:14 am
Batman's Batman wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 10:40 am
It's a dream, and it's a dumb dream, but if Tenet would take away that record from Endgame... That would be the best thing ever. An original project with no preexisting franchise, no name recognition, no hype from the previous movies, outdoing Endgame. That shit would make MCU fans that hang out on ComicBookMovie hate Nolan even more, and I love it.
Literally impossible.
I know it is. That's like expecting the next Tool album (which finally comes out, fuck yeah!) to outsell Cardi B. Even if you believe that Tool is better (which it is), that kind of music doesn't appeal to so many people to warrant such levels of success. Nolan, while extremely popular, is a niche. A gigantic niche, but a niche. His movies don't appeal to everyone, unlike the MCU. So you can't expect his movies to ever enter the discussion for the highest-grossing film of all time. But it's never bad to dream a little bit.

LelekPL wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 3:42 am
Y'all forgetting that TECHNICALLY EndGame was never re-released. It expanded while still being in the cinemas.
Correct.

LelekPL wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 3:42 am
THIS. It never left the cinema here (overseas), and we didn't even get the extra stuff. They only added the Far from Home trailer at the end.

hold up

besides the fact the suits looked CG to begin with, did they went with CG because they had no designs ready or what?

I had no idea the suits were CGI until like yesterday.

Nearly everything in this movie is CGI. Especially the suits (and nearly every suit has been since Civil War iirc).

Nomis wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:12 pm
hold up

besides the fact the suits looked CG to begin with, did they went with CG because they had no designs ready or what?
They didn't had the design. I know that because this guys say it in this video:
http://youtu.be/HWnRuPZ1Exg?t=896

You would think they could do at least some of those suits for real lol, even with films of this size

iirc Tom Holland said his first time in the suit was bad, because it was a mo-cap suit and not a full spider-man suit... I noticed in some FFH photos that he did in fact wore a suit on set. It looks much better than fully CG. It's sometime convincing now, but I don't think they're going to age so well.