Trailer #2

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on July 17, 2020.
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 10:00 am
It's quite difficult to see, and I haven't prepared screenshots, but take a look at both the high tower jump scenes in the trailer. The one where they go up, and the one towards the end when they jump down - I swear you can see people walk backwards on the ground in those shots. The first jumping shot only has one person walking by on the ground, so it's debatable, but in the second shot you can see a number of people.

All I'm saying is... what the fuck is this movie, and how does this time reversal thing work. I'm dying to know.
You can just wait for the movie to come out in July. That won’t change, you’ll find out eventually. I honestly don’t see the point of thinking what the film is about or what it has in store because I want to be surprised just like Nolan intended for us to experience it but to each their own. I’m going to watch it without having even seen the trailer; I want the movie to show me everything.

I know some people can’t wait like that and it’s understandable. Not against trailers either but when it’s about a film I’m expecting, I’d rather not watch them.

Oku
Meh.

I mean don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from: I watched all the footage released for The Dark Knight Rises and was disappointed to discover in the theater that the marketing spoiled every set piece, and that there was no secret fourth-act or whatever (I was naive).

So for Interstellar, I did a polar-opposite move and did what you are doing now: I watched only the teaser (the one that only shows up to Cooper driving away from the farmhouse) and nothing else.

And was it worth it? Nah, not really. The reason? Because the "I have no idea where this is going" sense of surprise only works for the first viewing.

Now, if you intend to watch the film only once (and never again), then that method works: because your memory will associate your thoughts on the film with that one-time viewing.

But if you intend to watch a movie repeatedly as I did with Interstellar, then I guarantee you that that first memory (with all its sense of wonder and amazement at you going in knowing nothing) will get replaced by memories of your second, third, fourth, fifth viewing.

So for Dunkirk I went with a middle-ground approach, where I watched the trailers and a couple of TV spots, but I didn't hunt down every piece of footage like I did with The Dark Knight Rises.

And watching Dunkirk multiple times has confirmed what I learned with Interstellar, which is that the effects of going in blind do not apply to a film that you plan to watch over and over again.

Conclusion being, that it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

So I plan to watch every released footage for Tenet and not deny myself that pleasure, because partaking in discussions surrounding the hype leading up to the film's release is part of what makes being a "Nolan Fan(TM)" so fun.

Oku wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 2:03 pm
Meh.

I mean don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from: I watched all the footage released for The Dark Knight Rises and was disappointed to discover in the theater that the marketing spoiled every set piece, and that there was no secret fourth-act or whatever (I was naive).

So for Interstellar, I did a polar-opposite move and did what you are doing now: I watched only the teaser (the one that only shows up to Cooper driving away from the farmhouse) and nothing else.

And was it worth it? Nah, not really. The reason? Because the "I have no idea where this is going" sense of surprise only works for the first viewing.

Now, if you intend to watch the film only once (and never again), then that method works: because your memory will associate your thoughts on the film with that one-time viewing.

But if you intend to watch a movie repeatedly as I did with Interstellar, then I guarantee you that that first memory (with all its sense of wonder and amazement at you going in knowing nothing) will get replaced by memories of your second, third, fourth, fifth viewing.

So for Dunkirk I went with a middle-ground approach, where I watched the trailers and a couple of TV spots, but I didn't hunt down every piece of footage like I did with The Dark Knight Rises.

And watching Dunkirk multiple times has confirmed what I learned with Interstellar, which is that the effects of going in blind do not apply to a film that you plan to watch over and over again.

Conclusion being, that it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

So I plan to watch every released footage for Tenet and not deny myself that pleasure, because partaking in discussions surrounding the hype leading up to the film's release is part of what makes being a "Nolan Fan(TM)" so fun.
Not really. It wasn't worth it for you but it has been and still is for me. And that was my point, if I'm going to a theater to watch a film, I want to be amazed the first time by going blind (if it's one that I'm expecting) which is what I meant. It's logical to think that it won't be the same on re-watch because you have already seen the movie. But I'm still glad I went completely fresh back then even when watching Nolan films later on multiple times (which I have). So it matters if you want to have a more surprising experience for the first viewing and later viewings just makes me appreciate the films more but that's why I said each to their own.

Oku wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 2:03 pm
partaking in discussions surrounding the hype leading up to the film's release is part of what makes being a "Nolan Fan(TM)" so fun.
:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

kjjmhqls wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 1:02 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
I swear you can see people walk backwards on the ground in those shots.
This shot?

those people are not moving backward

El Especial wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 6:59 pm
kjjmhqls wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 1:02 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
I swear you can see people walk backwards on the ground in those shots.
This shot?

those people are not moving backward
Thanks for confirming that!

In the scene with Branagh on a boat, I think it's reversed. It seems that JDW is actually jumping into the water, rather than coming out. Look at the water splashing.

speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 2:46 pm
In the scene with Branagh on a boat, I think it's reversed. It seems that JDW is actually jumping into the water, rather than coming out. Look at the water splashing.
He doesn't jump, his movement is slow, he can't cause such a big splash, I think it's just the boat itself. The guy in the background also moving forward.
Here is the whole thing backwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqulPx7SbQ

quervo wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:16 pm
speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 2:46 pm
He doesn't jump, his movement is slow, he can't cause such a big splash, I think it's just the boat itself. The guy in the background also moving forward.
Here is the whole thing backwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqulPx7SbQ
Wow what a cool video! Now that I'm looking at it, you're right, it's probably the boat.

A few new little details:
The new still (JDW and Pattinson in the red light) seems to be at the same location as the rotating thing at 1:06-08. The window is the same.

Clothes: right after that, when JDW kneels in the red light, I think he's wearing the same jacket as at the trainyard, and the same T-shirt as when his mask is on. He has the same T-shirt under the firefighter uniform.