Prologue

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on July 17, 2020.
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 2:55 am
I can't stop watching the prologue it's so good!!!
Without getting into details and specifics of whatever happens in the prologue, what would you say about it? Was it intense, captivating, innovative?

:gonf:

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
Can you upload a copy for us too? I personally don't wanna pay for Rise of Skywalker again.

The music from the prologue is so good! Can somebody record the audio only in HQ? Or could some experienced producer recreate it?

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 3:32 am
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
Without getting into details and specifics of whatever happens in the prologue, what would you say about it? Was it intense, captivating, innovative?
i would describe it like Anthony Fantano would: Propulsive, fast paced, gritty, you are thrown off the deep end narratively, and technically extraordinary.

I asked some people here in Italy who went to SW in IMAX screenings, and none of them saw the prologue.So I suppose it wasn't released here.Can anyone confirm or deny?

kamelgunner wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 1:27 am
did you guys notice that always nolan's movies trailers are badly color graded not reflecting nolan's intentions you can just compare the colours in the prologue and in the trailer in really a big difference :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:
Colorist spend extra hours to grade trailers. If you found the trailer unpleasant looking - there is little hope going forward.

(In the picture 2 below, note how Dunkirk final cut had even more overpowering & unnatural looking tealish shadows compared to the trailer. That is because trailers are always graded better with extra time and effort of colorists.)

Tenet has the same highly unpleasant tealish tint to it as evident from the teaser.

blackColumn wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 6:32 am
kamelgunner wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 1:27 am
did you guys notice that always nolan's movies trailers are badly color graded not reflecting nolan's intentions you can just compare the colours in the prologue and in the trailer in really a big difference :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:
Colorist spend extra hours to grade trailers. If you found the trailer unpleasant looking - there is little hope going forward.

(In the picture 2 below, note how Dunkirk final cut had even more overpowering & unnatural looking tealish shadows compared to the trailer. That is because trailers are always graded better with extra time and effort of colorists.)

Tenet has the same highly unpleasant tealish tint to it as evident from the teaser.
Do you really think that the colourists do not put they're most effort on the final product? That doesn't make any sense at all. To think a colourist disregards the final product, which will be the thing that will be watched by millions, instead of a trailer. That would be unprofessional. Not to talk about that the final version has to be approved most likely, by the DP and the director.

Never said the director and cinematographer are not at fault here.

And yes, the trailer for movies are graded better. John Wick 3 was unbearable on blu ray and so was Dunkirk (teal colored shadows are more riduculous than that smiling soldier who never made it to final cut).

Nolan movies are typically chemically color graded, Nolan forbids the use of digital intermediate on the final film. The trailers are probably digitally graded by WB.