Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
MyCocaine wrote:
Spert wrote:what depth is there in Inception lol? The films themes and plot are literally all spoonfed to you by the characters instruction manual dialogue
On behalf of NolanFans we gladly accept your resignation.

Perhaps, movies just aren't for you. Stay in your lane.
No soup for you. Next!

Spert wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Spert wrote:The things to think about in film is the actual filmmaking and portrayals

Plot and twists are very superficial most of the time and I hate when people go around acting like Inception and Memento are some super deep films just because of the concept and twists.
You have to be joking.

Their depth far exceeds their twists, especially Inception.
what depth is there in Inception lol? The films themes and plot are literally all spoonfed to you by the characters instruction manual dialogue
The rules of the dream machine are spoonfed to you. They have a lot of instances that hit about those rules in such a though-provoking manner. If it's not meant for the audience, at the very least you have to credit the writing in the matter. No wonder it took Nolan so long to complete its script.

However, for the sake of my time and not to derail the thread, I'll only mention two particular items for now: Mal's death and the Mr. Charles gambit. If I must go into deep discussion as to why these two items contain layers upon layers of thought to deliver what happened on screen, then we'll have at it in the Inception sub-forum.

As far as Memento, although I said there is more beyond the twist(s), I will admit that in order to mention many of the items in that film, the end has to be explored first and foremost to make those connections happen (in other words, those moments are dependent on the ending that we see).

These scripts are by far his most complex works in writing, and no others come even close.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on July 20th, 2017, 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
spert is just a troll guys. Ignore him. Her? It. Ignore it.

Meanwhile:

TOMATOMETER

95%
Average Rating: 8.9/10
Reviews Counted: 129
Fresh: 123
Rotten: 6

dunkirktrash wrote:Meanwhile:

TOMATOMETER

95%
Are all of the negatives we know about on RT now? Or are there still others floating out there?

nightfury93 wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:Meanwhile:

TOMATOMETER

95%
Are all of the negatives we know about on RT now? Or are there still others floating out there?
They are not posted yet. Amy Nicholson and London Times both will show up at some point.

MyCocaine wrote:
Spert wrote:what depth is there in Inception lol? The films themes and plot are literally all spoonfed to you by the characters instruction manual dialogue
On behalf of NolanFans we gladly accept your resignation.

Perhaps, movies just aren't for you. Stay in your lane.
Perhaps you need to watch more movies before you talk shit kid

nightfury93 wrote:
Miles wrote:95%
115/6

So with how many drags he's taken with every new fresh rating....how high is Mr. Murphy in your pic now? ;)
Hahaha so high. And loving life. Speaking of, I'm only 4 hours away from seeing this bad boy in 15/70 so I'd like to quote Mr. Murphy in the scene from which I got my avatar: So. Fucking. Close.

STL Post Dispatch reviewed it again? And gave it a 4/4

I guess another 100 on MC? Lol