Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
HorrorBiz wrote:
Bacon wrote:If there's any movie I'd want to win over Interstellar, I'd want it to go to Dawn. However, Interstellar should still win.
I know it's blasphemy around to say it these parts but I actually think Apes deserves the win. It'll be interesting to see if the Academy feels the same way.
You could still tell they were fake Apes the entire time. The bear scene at the beginning looked pretty terrible.

I loved DotPotA, but the black hole scene in Interstellar alone should guarantee it a win (even thought it won't).

I mean, they rendered it using an actual mathematic equation. We're talking theoretical physics here, people!

Hans Zimmer should finally win Oscar number 2

Maverick721 wrote:Hans Zimmer should finally win Oscar number 2
But he's not gunna

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Maverick721 wrote:Hans Zimmer should finally win Oscar number 2
But he's not gunna
...sadly

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I loved DotPotA, but the black hole scene in Interstellar alone should guarantee it a win (even thought it won't).

I mean, they rendered it using an actual mathematic equation. We're talking theoretical physics here, people!
When they did the CGI for the apes features and movement they also had to use equations to get the physics of movement and the environment right.

When it comes to these two, I think Dawn deserves it more right now because of how amazingly difficult it is and how realistic it looks and how well CGI creatures were able to showcase emotion.

However, I also agree that Interstellar will clearly stand the test of time better because it uses a lot of practical effects and doesn't do any movement of a person/animal which is the most difficult thing to do in CGI.

I won't be mad if any of these two win, because you can make an argument for both. I'm just saying, if it was my decision, I would give it to Dawn.

Best Visual Effect is pretty much lock up right?

It should have been nominated for best cinematography

Oh yeah, not only should it have been nominated, I think it should have easily won the whole thing. I love Birdman's cinematography. If it was a year with lesser competition, I'd probably give it to Birdman. However, Interstellar was AMAZINGLY beautiful. I'd much rather Interstellar win cinematography than visual effects. Alas the academy effed up on this one big time in my opinion.

BAFTA FOR BEST VISUAL EFFECTS! GET IT, HATERS!

HOw the fuck does it keep losing Best Music/score!? It's bloody monumental compared to The Grand Budapest.