"Riddle me this, Batman." Yay or nay?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Riddle Me This, Batman

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 33

Cilogy wrote:Why not make some new ones? "Why so serious" and "Let's put a smile on that face" were original Nolan lines right?
Not really, Why so serious and let's put a smile in that face... was actually adapted from Bruce Timm's batman animated. The first time although it was a little different. The joker said to harleen during their therapy sections

Nah.

Alterno wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Why not make some new ones? "Why so serious" and "Let's put a smile on that face" were original Nolan lines right?
Not really, Why so serious and let's put a smile in that face... was actually adapted from Bruce Timm's batman animated. The first time although it was a little different. The joker said to harleen during their therapy sections
Yeah but were they like catchphrases?

That brings up a good point, maybe Nolan can find some really good lines hidden somewhere deep in the Batman world and use it for the movie.

Riddler delivers this line perfectly in the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum. If done correctly this could be even more awesome than Why So Serious delivery by Heath.

Like everyone else said, depending on whether the actor is capable of delivering the line well, yay.

The line is good because its a nod to the Batman comics/previous TV shows and films. Of course there can be new 'catchphrases' made up as well.

He has to say it definitely. After all, he is the Riddler. :-) Besides, i'm sure it will be great, cos it didn't sound corny in Batman TAS at all.

How about this? Christopher Nolan has been pretty vocal (as much as he usually is) about using a villain that has not been on the big screen before. So I don't get why everyone here thinks the riddler will be in the next movie. Just my .02!

walkthesky wrote:How about this? Christopher Nolan has been pretty vocal (as much as he usually is) about using a villain that has not been on the big screen before. So I don't get why everyone here thinks the riddler will be in the next movie. Just my .02!
The Riddler can be in the next movie just not the main villain .....the main villain role may go to a villain we have never on the big screen before ;)

This line sounds cheesy...so no :D

waveking wrote:If done correctly this could be even more awesome than Why So Serious delivery by Heath.

Uh, nope.