The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

cool

hack

He's such a pathetic fanboy. He's hot air I'll tell you.

BREAKING: All artists steal from other artists.

What ultimately counts is whether the stealer can make it his own.

MyCocaine wrote:He's such a pathetic fanboy. He's hot air I'll tell you.
Says the Tarkovsky d**k rider.

shauner111 wrote:
Well, at least I'm not getting fucked by an imposter.

Why so predicable, Shauner. You always jump straight on new things and continues to fuck them hard all year until something new comes along.

MyCocaine wrote:
shauner111 wrote:
Well, at least I'm not getting fucked by an imposter.

Why so predicable, Shauner. You always jump straight on new things and continues to fuck them hard all year until something new comes along.
Mankind in a nutshell.

The problem, if it is a problem, isn't so much that he quotes Tarkovsky, but that he quotes him without really realizing or caring what made that stuff profound or poetic or whatever in the first place.

I dunno, even after two viewings I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I think Revenant's kind of amazing and kind of a shit film at the same time. I love and hate most elements about it. It got under my skin pretty substantially, but so have movies I've absolutely detested.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:The problem, if it is a problem, isn't so much that he quotes Tarkovsky, but that he quotes him without really realizing or caring what made that stuff profound or poetic or whatever in the first place.

I dunno, even after two viewings I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I think Revenant's kind of amazing and kind of a shit film at the same time. I love and hate most elements about it. It got under my skin pretty substantially, but so have movies I've absolutely detested.

-Vader
Admit it V, you were predetermined about some of the recent films released in the past few months and you've barely been surprised in a good way by any of them.£