Disney+'s The Mandalorian

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 6:26 pm
anikom15 wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Basically every episode besides 1 and 3 have been criticized as being filler.

Maybe it’s supposed to be episodic, idk.
Or maybe it's just not very good.
It’s not bad ... except episode 4.

Law
Vader182 wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 4:35 am
Episode 5 is sorta bad. It's the first episode I didn't enjoy.

3>2>1>4>>>5

-Vader
What's your beef with the episode? I just watched it and kinda dug the even more than usual western vibes. Plus, Jake Cannavale is good at being a douche. My only complaint would be the Sigourney Weaver lookalike, who by the end of the short episode, I was almost used to.

One thing that bothered with Chapter 5 is how light Baby Yoda seems. Like for a child his size, shouldn’t he be a little bit heavier? The way they handle him doesn’t sell the illusion at all.

Law wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 1:17 am
Vader182 wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 4:35 am
Episode 5 is sorta bad. It's the first episode I didn't enjoy.

3>2>1>4>>>5

-Vader
What's your beef with the episode? I just watched it and kinda dug the even more than usual western vibes. Plus, Jake Cannavale is good at being a douche. My only complaint would be the Sigourney Weaver lookalike, who by the end of the short episode, I was almost used to.
filoni's choices as a filmmaker are amateurish and "TV" and he wasn't successful directing "around" the very poor CGI. the basic plot line, dialogue and (direction of) the performances skewed more towards the broad (comic) tone of Clone Wars or Rebels than what The Mandalorian is supposed to be. genuinely thought Cannavale ranged from okay to bad. same with the Weaver lookalike.

I actually enjoy the episodic format for this show, so it isn't that.

-Vader

Lol, Cannavale was indeed pretty bad. I still enjoyed the ep. Amy Sedaris rules though so gotta disagree there.

Just saw episode 2, I mean it's fun and all and pretty but there's not a whole lot going on beneath the surface... I hope that changes. It's basically eclipsed by Watchmen lol now I know not everything needs to be/can be incredibly rich in it's thematics but still, I would've liked it if up until now this had some more weight to it. I'm fine with relative short episodes btw, a runtime doesn't define how dense or thoughtful something can be, so that's a nice change.

^everything will be eclipsed by watchmen in comparison. apples and oranges though

personally i think this show would have benefited a ton from more classical runtimes. stuff feels way more choppy now, and since you still have to edit in a way that makes the episode feel whole, you’re left with episodes that feel like they’re not going anywhere

true true

also baby yoda and Daddy Göransson are amazing though

:lol: