Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 4152
Joined: January 2012
Master Virgo wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:06 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
I mean you gotta be pretty mild and inoffensive to a large enough crowd of audience members worldwide to make that much money at the box office. Good for Disney for being able to make movies like that. Even James Cameron's Avatar was just Dances with Smurfs in space.
The salt is real.
The fact that Disney couldn't pull off this feat initially and then decided out of pettiness to re-release the film in the same year just so it could say "we're #1" is pretty funny to me and just a bit pathetic, since Disney is a mega-corporation with enough money to build a skyscraper made of gold. If this was some small independent film I'd be happy for whoever made and distributed that film but this is megarich Disney execs high-fiving each other sooo....Just because the film now made more money on the second try than all other movies doesn't make it a better product either.

Posts: 7421
Joined: August 2012
Image

Posts: 320
Joined: June 2012
Image

Posts: 54184
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:16 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:06 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
I mean you gotta be pretty mild and inoffensive to a large enough crowd of audience members worldwide to make that much money at the box office. Good for Disney for being able to make movies like that. Even James Cameron's Avatar was just Dances with Smurfs in space.
The salt is real.
The fact that Disney couldn't pull off this feat initially and then decided out of pettiness to re-release the film in the same year just so it could say "we're #1" is pretty funny to me and just a bit pathetic, since Disney is a mega-corporation with enough money to build a skyscraper made of gold. If this was some small independent film I'd be happy for whoever made and distributed that film but this is megarich Disney execs high-fiving each other sooo....Just because the film now made more money on the second try than all other movies doesn't make it a better product either.
S-s-s-saaaaaalt. 8-)

LEXX wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:19 pm
Image
one of these things is not like the other (well two)

Posts: 42152
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:16 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:06 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
I mean you gotta be pretty mild and inoffensive to a large enough crowd of audience members worldwide to make that much money at the box office. Good for Disney for being able to make movies like that. Even James Cameron's Avatar was just Dances with Smurfs in space.
The salt is real.
The fact that Disney couldn't pull off this feat initially and then decided out of pettiness to re-release the film in the same year just so it could say "we're #1" is pretty funny to me and just a bit pathetic, since Disney is a mega-corporation with enough money to build a skyscraper made of gold. If this was some small independent film I'd be happy for whoever made and distributed that film but this is megarich Disney execs high-fiving each other sooo....Just because the film now made more money on the second try than all other movies doesn't make it a better product either.

Posts: 4152
Joined: January 2012
Well at least I ain't cheerleading the big corporate brand that has a stranglehold on the popular culture. At least I am not praising box office return as a reflection of artistic quality of a movie to validate my opinion. At least I'm not applauding a decision corporate executives made just so they could increase their box office returns. I'm sure nothing but original stuff will be made with the money that Disney made instead of pointless remakes of animated classic features or endlessly bland superhero stories. Now here, have a cookie for telling the big mean guy on the Internet not to pick on the small and frail multibillion dollar Disney corporation.

Posts: 304
Joined: June 2017
Image

Posts: 54184
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 9:42 pm
Well at least I ain't cheerleading the big corporate brand that has a stranglehold on the popular culture. At least I am not praising box office return as a reflection of artistic quality of a movie to validate my opinion. At least I'm not applauding a decision corporate executives made just so they could increase their box office returns. I'm sure nothing but original stuff will be made with the money that Disney made instead of pointless remakes of animated classic features or endlessly bland superhero stories. Now here, have a cookie for telling the big mean guy on the Internet not to pick on the small and frail multibillion dollar Disney corporation.
I’m glad that this movie is No.1 in the world (and of all times) because now every person that liked it has a chance to point at the number and say: ‘See this?! This means my opinion is better than yours, bitch!’ ...and it truly is. And it feels so damn good to be validated as a human being like that.




.../said no one, ever

Posts: 4152
Joined: January 2012
m4st4 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 10:06 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 9:42 pm
Well at least I ain't cheerleading the big corporate brand that has a stranglehold on the popular culture. At least I am not praising box office return as a reflection of artistic quality of a movie to validate my opinion. At least I'm not applauding a decision corporate executives made just so they could increase their box office returns. I'm sure nothing but original stuff will be made with the money that Disney made instead of pointless remakes of animated classic features or endlessly bland superhero stories. Now here, have a cookie for telling the big mean guy on the Internet not to pick on the small and frail multibillion dollar Disney corporation.
I’m glad that this movie is No.1 in the world (and of all times) because now every person that liked it has a chance to point at the number and say: ‘See this?! This means my opinion is better than yours, bitch!’ ...and it truly is. And it feels so damn good to be validated as a human being like that.




.../said no one, ever
It was truly tough for Disney to beat Disney with this but Disney managed it in the end though. And that's all that matters, no?

Now nerds who paid tickets, bought merchandise, etc. for ten years can all go 'I did that. I helped Disney beat Disney.' Isn't that wonderful?

Post Reply