The Nice Girls (Female Reboot)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I would have been down with this if Shane Black was coming back, but since he's not, this is going to crash and burn.

so let me get this straight...

the nice guys was a movie?
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on September 28th, 2017, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But the film flopped. What are they after exactly? lol.£

flopped? ahem... it's a cult classic

also

Nice Guys lost at least 20-30 million dollars for the studio, but hey, female reboot will surely make more than the original :roll:

The Nice Guys was a good movie imo. That does not mean that I would want a reboot so soon after having seen that original film just last year and just saying 'well now the main characters are all women' is not going to make me that much more interested if the story's going to be similar.

If this film turns out great, good for them but I wished they could make a film with main female characters in the same vein without having to link it back to the original film that already exists. Just make a different, equally good or even better film starring women main characters and it'll be fine.

I am not sure anyone was asking for a reboot of this film.

i don't get it

It's obvious...the studios are attempting to show they are all about "gender equality" and providing more opportunities to females and minorities. This is just another example of that. I think the average person isn't too fond of when this kind of thing is shoved in their face in a blatant attempt at being more "inclusive." Original stories is where they should be going, not gender swapping in an attempt to create a better public image for themselves. Remember the ridiculous attempt at an all female Ghostbusters?

I'm all for more female led movies but like why do they have to be based on dude movies? Like just make original female movies?

akv1984 wrote:I'm all for more female led movies but like why do they have to be based on dude movies? Like just make original female movies?
Exactly. You can be for one and against the other. I hate it when people label someone as anti-female or anti-minority because we would rather have original movies instead of films being rebooted with female leads/minorities, because it comes across as a blatant attempt to be inclusive for the sake of inclusivity.