Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Should have won last year for You Were Never..

Batman's Batman wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suffice to say, the Joker is quite the role though. I mean, not only pointing negatively towards Leto's wild.... Ride. But Nicholson and Ledger have played the parts tremendously well. Nicholson made him iconic but Ledger made him absolutely legendary. I can't wait to see Phoenix performance. He's got that raw talent and experience to completely inhabit it and the fact that it's all about the Joker now gives him even more freedom with the part. It's great to hear that he's great as the Joker but I'm already pretty excited to see his performance in full.

As for Phoenix being snubbed of an Oscar with Gladiator, I agree lol. He was so fucking good.
Wait, aren't you the same Nomis from comicbookmovie, who always says that TDK is his least favorite Nolan film and Ledger's Joker had no positive effect on you? Just asking.
lol!

lmao

I guess it's rather too early to speculate but still...kinda interesting I gotta say.

It's funny that the top critics so far aren't that pleased with the film. The average score is still pretty high and there's only 9 critics whose reviews were counted but still, we might see the average score and percentage go down.

I gotta say, the level of film criticism in these reviews is surprisingly low. Very few sentences about actual filmmaking and a lot about the questionable social commentary and the film's "impact". A couple of them have mentioned that they didn't enjoy Phoenix's performance, though. They felt he overdid it which is a bit worrisome.

Batman's Batman wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suffice to say, the Joker is quite the role though. I mean, not only pointing negatively towards Leto's wild.... Ride. But Nicholson and Ledger have played the parts tremendously well. Nicholson made him iconic but Ledger made him absolutely legendary. I can't wait to see Phoenix performance. He's got that raw talent and experience to completely inhabit it and the fact that it's all about the Joker now gives him even more freedom with the part. It's great to hear that he's great as the Joker but I'm already pretty excited to see his performance in full.

As for Phoenix being snubbed of an Oscar with Gladiator, I agree lol. He was so fucking good.
Wait, aren't you the same Nomis from comicbookmovie, who always says that TDK is his least favorite Nolan film and Ledger's Joker had no positive effect on you? Just asking.
wat looooollllll

hell to the fucking no lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uno
Master Virgo wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 3:05 am
I guess it's rather too early to speculate but still...kinda interesting I gotta say.

Yeah.. I wouldn't trust that IMDB rating. Most ratings and reviews on that page are from people who haven't watched the movie yet.

Uno wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 7:39 am
Master Virgo wrote:

Yeah.. I wouldn't trust that IMDB rating. Most ratings and reviews on that page are from people who haven't watched the movie yet.
Yeah, how have almost 6500 people seen the movie already after two screenings in Venice?

radewart wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 11:10 am
Uno wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 7:39 am
Master Virgo wrote:

Yeah, how have almost 6500 people seen the movie already after two screenings in Venice?
It's the same thing when people give 1/10 to films they haven't seen. The point is just to convince onlookers of a certain perception of the film. In this case it seems to be to convince people that this movie is some kind of great cinematic achievement. Usually, the right-wing tries to do this to weaponize popular culture and antagonize people in order to push their terrible political ideas into the pop culture discourse (for example, TLJ, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Ghostbusters 2016, etc.).

I was really pointing at the stark difference between female and male users' ratings.