Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Artemis wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Yup. Basically. Phillips had so much he wanted to say but he didn't know how to say it. And I think that's why it comes across as boring or hollow. The movie doesn't say anything. Pretty images yes but images mean nothing if they have no value.
So it’s 2001.
Hot take over here

anikom15 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Artemis wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Yup. Basically. Phillips had so much he wanted to say but he didn't know how to say it. And I think that's why it comes across as boring or hollow. The movie doesn't say anything. Pretty images yes but images mean nothing if they have no value.
So it’s 2001.
god damn :lol:

Insignificant fun fact of the day: Phoenix is the first actor to portray the role in a live-action film, who actually has green eyes, like the character.

Looking at a possible sub 40% drop at box office for a really great 60 million second weekend. Foreign box office is strong also.
The world belongs to Joker now.... :D

radewart wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Looking at a possible sub 40% drop at box office for a really great 60 million second weekend. Foreign box office is strong also.
The world belongs to Joker now.... :D
Is he Emperor Joker yet?

radewart wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 4:50 pm
https://twitter.com/Batflash115/status/ ... 32/photo/1
People are saying that the lady on the subway who was being harassed by the wall street guys is, later, the person in clown mask that Arthur sees in the cab?
Also the individual who shot Thomas and Martha Wayne.
Or maybe not.

Law
I liked this a lot, mainly because of Phoenix and the score. It's funny how unfunny Joker is when he's trying. When he's not trying. I belted out in laughter..
i.e. walking into glass door

Law wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 5:10 pm
I liked this a lot, mainly because of Phoenix and the score. It's funny how unfunny Joker is when he's trying. When he's not trying. I belted out in laughter..
i.e. walking into glass door
i think that's the thing. if you're the kind of viewer who can like a movie based off a few elements that work for you compartmentalized from the rest, there's a lot to like.

one of my good friends irl felt very similar to you.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 5:18 pm
i think that's the thing. if you're the kind of viewer who can like a movie based off a few elements that work for you compartmentalized from the rest, there's a lot to like.

one of my good friends irl felt very similar to you.

-Vader
Your superiority complex really isn't cute.