Netflix's Stranger Things

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This was really nice. The kids were great and soundtrack is fantastic.

Finished it. So fucking good.

I'm doing a rewatch as soon as I can.

MyCocaine wrote:Finished it. So fucking good.

I'm doing a rewatch as soon as I can.
Yeah. I don't think I've ever finished a season of TV and immediately thought "I want to rewatch this like right now" before this show.

Holy shit, I guess I'm just joining unanimity, but this is perfect television wow.

I just watched the first four episodes non-stop. That child casting is spot-on, the mystery, everything. It's a straight ten easily for me so far and my friends who watched it told me it just gets better.

And I'm not that big of a fan of the things it pays homage to.

Finished it. Delightful show. The ending was the best part of it and I was worried it wouldn't stick the landing.

What did you guys think of Winona Ryder in her role? She was 100% invested in it, but I found her annoying in some moments.

My only acting complaint, every one else was so perfect. Especially all the pre-teens (Eleven & Mike & Dustin wow home runs)

Also the two characters that felt like pure cliches at the beginning of the show became two of the most depthful and interesting (Chief Hooper and Nancy)

Just so good, can't wait for Season 2, there's definitely interesting ways the story can develop. Not sure if it could be an ongoing series for many years though

So what's the tone of this series? Not into horror, but the trailer has me interested that it might not be that.