Red Sparrow (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The accents in that tv spot are strange.

JLaw's accent is kind of uneven. This doesn't look bad though but it doesn't look super good either.

Artemis wrote:JLaw's accent is kind of uneven. This doesn't look bad though but it doesn't look super good either.
if you're talking about when she switches to American when with Joel, that's kinda the point.

So what makes this different from other espionage thrillers?

Wait is she going to be a ballet dancer in this as well? That scene looks like it could be interesting.

m4st4 wrote:Wait is she going to be a ballet dancer in this as well? That scene looks like it could be interesting.
yeah, that's literally the premise. Career-ending injury on stage, uncle (Matthias) sets her up for what eventually becomes this spy job.

My only concern at this point - the so-obviously-Budapest establishing shots better be marketing only or in a different context in the film itself....because they're getting everything else so right

Didn't watch the whole trailer... Kinda interested in this actually. Jen was rather good in mother! so I think i'm becoming more interested in her performances

Is this by the guy who directed I Am Legend?

Rohan wrote:Is this by the guy who directed I Am Legend?
You know you can google this shit right?