Red Sparrow (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Filming has started in Budapest

So um that screenplay draft is a fucking travesty. Here's hoping Haythe and Lawrence actually went back to the damn book.

Footage screened today:

@EricVespe
Alrighty, so today's going to be a little weird. Seeing footage and Q&As from Kingsman 2, Murder on the Orient Express and Red Sparrow...

@arcticninjapaul Saw 18 minutes of #RedSparrow and it looks much cooler than what I saw at CinemaCon. A slow-burn, high-intensity sensual thriller.
Francis Lawrence said #RedSparrow is "definitely a hard R" and a risky venture for Jennifer Lawrence. It's certainly new territory for her.
Overall, I'm relieved that #RedSparrow looks better than what I anticipated. I think the fact that it's hard-R and pushing the limits helps.

✔ @EricVespe
Francis Lawrence says Jennifer Lawrence only reads a movie's script once or twice and memorizes her day's lines the morning of.

@alexritman
Oh, and Red Sparrow is also definitely R-rated. "It's a hard R," says director Francis Lawrence. That'll be all the sex, then. #RedSparrow

@colliderfrosty
.@Hibbits says Red Sparrow is a hard R. Footage we saw featured things that would def not make it in a PG-13 movie.

@alexritman
Red Sparrow looks phenomenal. A post-Cold War Russian ballet, spy, sex thriller like no other. Can't wait. #RedSparrow

@EricVespe
Saw 18 minutes of Red Sparrow, an espionage movie starring Jennifer Lawrence. Bloodier and racier than I was expecting.
Red Sparrow looks like a slow burn adult thriller. Kinda feels like it has a little touch of Verhoeven to it.

@EricVespe
Didn't see much of them together, but they seemed to get on well. Her Russian accent is slight, but there.

@colliderfrosty
Red Sparrow looks great. A grounded spy thriller that stars Jennifer Lawrence and a ton of other great actors. @colliderfrosty
.@Hibbits says everything in Red Sparrow is location based. Meaning they shot in real places and not soundstages. #RedSparrow

What about Murder on the Orient Express?

Teaser soooooooon (could be as soon as next week with mother!)

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Trailer will probably be at Kingsman.

No doubt, but it can also play with mother!, also gives Fox some space for online before a new Orient Express trailer. Just interesting how RS trailer got rated now, two weeks out from Kingsman which is slightly unusual for Fox.