Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
didich wrote:It makes sense for them to put it before IM3. Think about it, it's the Man of Steel trailer playing before Iron Man.

Nomis1700 wrote:
didich wrote:It makes sense for them to put it before IM3. Think about it, it's the Man of Steel trailer playing before Iron Man.

he got paid $14,000,000 (+ Box Office Gross)
:o :| :|

Dodd wrote:he got paid $14,000,000 (+ Box Office Gross)
Source?

Dodd wrote:he got paid $14,000,000 (+ Box Office Gross)
If that is true.. shit

Also those stories a few weeks back about him being a terrible Superman have to be bullshit just to cast a negative light on the film. It's too soon for people other then WB's folks to be seeing it. They would not say that to the public even if it were true.

I'm saying he's going to be worth that money. lol

I wonder if the 14 mil is for just MoS, or for multiple appearances.

DoubleD wrote:I wonder if the 14 mil is for just MoS, or for multiple appearances.
Good call. They don't share every detail like Marvel does. Not that how Marvel does it is wrong. We just know how many times they will pop up.

Funny how this thread may actually be useful now.

Personally I would prefer a more ambiguous approach. Bring Bale back if you want, but don't explicity state that this is going to be after Rises, just in a similar 'verse where a similar Batman decided not to quit and done. What do you guys think?

didich wrote:Funny how this thread may actually be useful now.

Personally I would prefer a more ambiguous approach. Bring Bale back if you want, but don't explicity state that this is going to be after Rises, just in a similar 'verse where a similar Batman decided not to quit and done. What do you guys think?
The more I think about this whole move with Nolan and Bale coming back I think it's the best thing that could've happened for an approach to a shared universe for Warner Bros./DC Universe. I think it takes off a hell of a lot of the pressure from 'Man of Steel' because now Nolan's hugely successful Batman films help serve as pillars for a shared universe in addition to Snyder's movie. This could potentially put DC right back at the top in terms of comic book movies and that hasn't been the case since the 90s. Marvel has been climbing and climbing but this just may do it for W.B./DC. It's extremely exciting for the genre and especially if you're a DC fan.

didich wrote:Funny how this thread may actually be useful now.
On second thought....