The Brigands of Rattlecreek (TBD)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
http://collider.com/matthew-mcconaughey ... on/#amazon
Seven years ago, I reported that South Korean helmer Park Chan-wook (Oldboy) was in talks to direct the ultraviolent western thriller The Brigands of Rattleborge from Bone Tomahawk writer S. Craig Zahler, and today I’ve confirmed with multiple sources that the long-gestating project has a new home and a new title. Amazon Studios has picked up the project, which is now being referred to as The Brigands of Rattlecreek.

Bradley Fischer (Shutter Island) will produce the film, which follows a sheriff and a doctor who seek revenge against a group of bandits who use the cover of a torrential thunderstorm to rob and terrorize the occupants of a small town. Zahler’s script topped the 2006 Black List but has languished in development, likely due to its violent content.

Sources say that Amazon and Fischer are courting Matthew McConaughey to play the doctor opposite another A-lister as the sheriff, though it remains early on the casting front and no actors have a closed deal at this time. Still, the fact that Amazon has swooped in to rescue this highly-regarded project, which puts them in business with a world-class filmmaker who’s comfortable with violent material, is great news for genre fans.
Park Chan Wook has a new project !! Sounds very interesting !!

lol Bone Tomahawk writer?

guess I'll have more nightmares now