Red Sparrow (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I think that new trailer just aired during an NFL playoff game on ABC. Had a lot of new footage.

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:I think that new trailer just aired during an NFL playoff game on ABC. Had a lot of new footage.
NEEED

Antovolk, how’s the book and when do we get the new trailer, do you know?

m4st4 wrote:Antovolk, how’s the book and when do we get the new trailer, do you know?
I read the two books ages ago and tbh, loved them. The second is better than the first and really ripe franchise material, I hope this is successful for that reason. So glad about them going full R on this, that was my main concern after reading - not so glad about chickening out a bit re: Putin (but then again that's more an issue with the 2nd book where he's literally a major supporting character. But I understand their reasons. You know, this whole endeavour could've been worse, the script that was done for Fincher was a cheap-ish 70s/Cold War imitation of it and just...yikes...think I may have posted about this here previously. the issue is one of the great things about the books is how they weave current-day tensions as well as accurately-portrayed spycraft, writer is ex-CIA).

Trailer's rated as of yesterday so any day now, given how they've already aired a spot tonight and probably will also do at the Globes tomorrow.

EDIT:

Thanks a lot man! :thumbup: I’m glad it’s R.

antovolk wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Antovolk, how’s the book and when do we get the new trailer, do you know?
I read the two books ages ago and tbh, loved them. The second is better than the first and really ripe franchise material, I hope this is successful for that reason. So glad about them going full R on this, that was my main concern after reading - not so glad about chickening out a bit re: Putin (but then again that's more an issue with the 2nd book where he's literally a major supporting character. But I understand their reasons. You know, this whole endeavour could've been worse, the script that was done for Fincher was a cheap-ish 70s/Cold War imitation of it and just...yikes...think I may have posted about this here previously. the issue is one of the great things about the books is how they weave current-day tensions as well as accurately-portrayed spycraft, writer is ex-CIA).

Trailer's rated as of yesterday so any day now, given how they've already aired a spot tonight and probably will also do at the Globes tomorrow.

EDIT:
Intrigued

"Mark 2nd"?