Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:18 am
Dude... if only something like that existed here :lol:
oh fuk

be a lot cooler if it did tho

Nomis wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:20 am

oh fuk

be a lot cooler if it did tho
Definitely. But it's not just about the ticket price. It's gas, crossing toll fees and food. Things add up so quick. Also, sometimes I have to prioritize what movies I want to see the most and I end up missing some really interesting films.

Anyway, theaters here are expanding really fast. So maybe in a year or two, a theater will be 10-15 minutes away from my house.

Know the feeling. I get a lot of free tickets for screenings, but popcorn and bus tickets make the experience a lot less free.

Feels appropriate that Endgame took the #1 spot. Even if we're in an age of CBM fatigue, I feel like Endgame will be remembered for longer than Avatar.

It's a dream, and it's a dumb dream, but if Tenet would take away that record from Endgame... That would be the best thing ever. An original project with no preexisting franchise, no name recognition, no hype from the previous movies, outdoing Endgame. That shit would make MCU fans that hang out on ComicBookMovie hate Nolan even more, and I love it.

Batman's Batman wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 10:40 am
It's a dream, and it's a dumb dream, but if Tenet would take away that record from Endgame... That would be the best thing ever. An original project with no preexisting franchise, no name recognition, no hype from the previous movies, outdoing Endgame. That shit would make MCU fans that hang out on ComicBookMovie hate Nolan even more, and I love it.
Literally impossible.

It's a beautiful dream. And not impossible. Just extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely unlikely.

I mean you gotta be pretty mild and inoffensive to a large enough crowd of audience members worldwide to make that much money at the box office. Good for Disney for being able to make movies like that. Even James Cameron's Avatar was just Dances with Smurfs in space.

Ace

Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
I mean you gotta be pretty mild and inoffensive to a large enough crowd of audience members worldwide to make that much money at the box office. Good for Disney for being able to make movies like that. Even James Cameron's Avatar was just Dances with Smurfs in space.
The salt is real.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
‘Just’... and meanwhile you’re just a forum member with no real name, or face, attached to it, nagging about it while they feast upon the spoils of (cinematic) war. Cheers!

And cheers to Russos and Feige, they did good with this one.