The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 1:09 pm
Borrowing from Hamlet is legit not a big deal because so much of film and literature is taken from Shakespeare whether directly or indirectly and they are still considered original.

It's a literature joke that you can find Bible or Shakespeare allusions in everything you read.
It’s not allusions though. It’s a literal adaptation. There’s a difference. I wouldn’t mind if they put a credit to him, but they didn’t.

The Kimba thing is real and scummy and I can’t believe people actually try to act like it’s not a big deal. Just because something is beautiful art does not mean the machinations behind it are free from criticism.

Knew I couldn’t trust the likes of Frosty, Scrieta and Germain. This thing looks lifeless. Just bring me Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a 100 million dollar original from an auteur starring two of the last genuine movie stars.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 2:58 pm
radewart wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 1:28 pm
Reviews don't matter, this is tracking for a huge opening weekend. It will clear a billion dollars and thensome. But its nice to see the critics not all fawn over the Disney machine again.
Just in the past two years they've given Pirates 5, Nutcracker, Wrinkle, Dumbo and
Aladdin mixed or negative reviews, while Beauty, Poppins, Christopher Robin, Cars 3, Cap Marvel and Solo have gotten away with mixed to positive ones.

Fawning over the Disney machine is not detected.
Okay it just seems like all their movies get a pass from critics.

I just really don't like what Disney is doing to film and this new article states it better than I could:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -broken-up

radewart wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 4:41 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
radewart wrote:
Reviews don't matter, this is tracking for a huge opening weekend. It will clear a billion dollars and thensome. But its nice to see the critics not all fawn over the Disney machine again.
Just in the past two years they've given Pirates 5, Nutcracker, Wrinkle, Dumbo and
Aladdin mixed or negative reviews, while Beauty, Poppins, Christopher Robin, Cars 3, Cap Marvel and Solo have gotten away with mixed to positive ones.

I just really don't like what Disney is doing to film and this new article states it better than I could:

I'm happy Sony still own Spiderman or else Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse would never happen. I'm happy that we got some really good versions of the X-men from Fox. The X-Men and The Fantastic Four needs to be separated from the current MCU and be in their own alternative universe but that shit isn't going to happen with Disney. It's unbelievable that they have ran the MCU right into the ground in less than 10 yrs. I mean their movies are so formulaic to make billions so don't expect something as deep as The Dark Knight, X2, Ang Lee's Hulk, Logan, the upcoming Joker and ect...
Last edited by LEXX on July 11th, 2019, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

radewart wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 4:41 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
radewart wrote:

but its just been demonstrated Disney movies don't get a "pass" from critics

and yes what they're doing to the industry is not ideal

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 11:47 am

OST is available for streaming, embargo lifts in 45 mins.
how do you seriously bury the ELTON JOHN falling piano chords in the mix?

what a fuckup :lol:

Phil Lord liked several tweets bashing this film and Disney. Lmao. Someone’s bitter.

Allstar wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Phil Lord liked several tweets bashing this film and Disney. Lmao. Someone’s bitter.
Idk, I'd say he kind of has reason to be.

Watching this clip again. I don't find it's cute at all but just creepy. I don't think this is going hold up well for the younger kids. It's just dull looking and it's like watching a BBC Nature of the wild animals that can speak. They are totally right about the facial expression because there are hardly any in Pumbaa and Timon. It's like watching an actor whole body is being tied up and trying to speak/act/express through heavy facial prosthetic. That's why we don't see movies with real talking cats and dogs doing well at all. Without the hands/arms/body expression the characters becomes lifeless so this is nothing but a moving lips.