The Official Nolan Fans v3 Feature Requests Thread

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Micool wrote:another request:

when we are posting an img or youtube vid, can we have the ability to change the sizing?

like i want to post an img but make it smaller so I use [img height=300 width=300]picture[/img] and its a 300x300 pic instead of some huge one
An auto-resize mod would be useful - so we can just post whatever sized photos we like and if they're too big they automatically get shrunk to fit the width of the page. I just lost patience trying to resize my photos of Bir-Hakeim bridge and Rue Cezar Franck. :thumbdown:

chee wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:@alex, can we make the username charecter length at least up to 30? :)
30? Holy crap, what kind of username do you want? :lol:

I'll take a stab. thenextchristophernolan? :)

Now after login we are redirected to board index. It will be nice if we stay on the same page(like IMDB)..
And collect youtube videos in a single thread, if possible.
Is it practicable to include FAQ for each Film??

[greatidea]If we could embed 3 quotes within each other instead of 2 that'd be very convenient. I don't want it to get too crowded and i'm all for a streamline look, but I very often come across the You may embed only 2 quotes within each other. message. I think 3 would be the magic number.[/greatidea]

solo2001 wrote:[greatidea]If we could embed 3 quotes within each other instead of 2 that'd be very convenient. I don't want it to get too crowded and i'm all for a streamline look, but I very often come across the You may embed only 2 quotes within each other. message. I think 3 would be the magic number.[/greatidea]
It used to be three quotes, but they changed it to two because it had a really cluttered appearance.

Personally, I think it should just be one quote so I don't have to delete the third quote inside the two quote system.

chee wrote:Personally, I think it should just be one quote so I don't have to delete the third quote inside the two quote system.
Agreed, IMO more than one quote is... ugly, and -most of all- is it really useful?

Andrea wrote:
chee wrote:Personally, I think it should just be one quote so I don't have to delete the third quote inside the two quote system.
Agreed, IMO more than one quote is... ugly, and -most of all- is it really useful?
It's good for the context, I suppose.

And Alex did have a good point about us overusing the quote system. But since there are so many people on this forum now, I just don't want to confuse people.

Is it possible to make it one quote box by default, and if someone wants to do a multi-quote they could? I dunno how this forum system works, I've seen it done in vBulletin though...
Last edited by chee on January 4th, 2011, 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin
Quotes are an interesting subject. I think they're overused by everyone, including myself.

The use of a quote should be in response to something specific inside of a user's post and not a response to the entire post. If you're posting a response to the entire post, what not post without the quote? The new post will appear directly below the post you're responding to.

I'm really starting to like the idea of only one quote now. :lol:

AlexHaas wrote:The use of a quote should be in response to something specific inside of a user's post and not a response to the entire post. If you're posting a response to the entire post, what not post without the quote? The new post will appear directly below the post you're responding to.
Well, sometimes you answer to a post that isn't the last posted or you want to be sure the person you're talking to knows you're speaking to him.

Uhm... I've quoted just a part of your speech and I was talking about the necessity of quoting the whole post, haven't you just incepted me? :JGLface:

Alright, whatever. I wasn't that attached to the idea anyways. :mrgreen: