Street Fighter V (PS4 & PC, cross platform) - RISE UP

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:I'm sorry but Juri's eye patch is way more important news ;)

That costume is ridiculous.

darthnazgul wrote:That costume is ridiculous.
:lol: Tell me about it. I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Hopefully she looks much better in final form, I mean that art style is just hideous, they need to release single player story mode asap.

RELEASES TONIGHT. 8-)

Consensus seems to be vanilla light on the content but the best fighting game out right now; it's going to be a constantly updated platform throughout the generation anyway.
Gamespot

When I'm playing Street Fighter V with friends, I'm completely lost in the heat of the moment. Win or lose, I'm attracted to the thrill of its action-oriented combat system, which discourages overcautious behavior and keeps fights moving along. There's an excellent foundation here, and for now, I am going to keep playing until I can put the servers to the test on launch day.

IGN - 8/10

It’s hard to criticize something that seems like it was tailor-made for a wannabe competitive player like me, but I just can’t ignore how little Street Fighter 5 does for the average fighting game player. It sports a wonderful, diverse cast of characters, places a clear emphasis on strong fundamental play, it gives competitive players a great online experience, and it does it all while looking gorgeous. Strictly in terms of mechanics and competitive features, Street Fighter 5 is just about peerless, but it has quite a ways to go before it stacks up against other fighting games - including its own predecessor - in terms of overall content.

Destruction - 8/10

In many ways Street Fighter V is unfinished, but as a platform, it has strong legs. If Capcom sticks to its word, this could have just as long of a lifespan as IV, if not more.

EGM - 8/10

Street Fighter V paves the way for the future of Capcom’s legendary fighting game series—but it’s also a release that’s relying on near-future updates in order to feel like a finished product. Once they come, however, this should really be something special.

Shacknews - 7/10

Fortunately for Capcom, what is available now is a lot of fun. The overall fighting game mechanics feel incredible and a big step up from the Street Fighter IV generation. Even someone eternally in scrub tier, like myself, can feel like they can have a good time and eventually get better. That's why the aforementioned is so frustrating, because Street Fighter V feels like a genuinely great fighting game and it's hard not to want more.

Gamesbeat - 90/100

So, who should pick this up? Everyone that’s into fighting games. If you’re into Street Fighter, chances are you already have Street Fighter V preordered, and you’re here to see if I validate your opinions on the game (or you want to invalidate mine). If you’re going to stick with Street Fighter V, I think that’s a good decision. If you’re thinking of skipping it, you’re going to miss out on something enjoyable.

Gamesradar - 4.5/5

So Street Fighter 5 is brilliant with caveats, then. But it is, at its core, still brilliant. Being brutally honest, your mileage with it – during the early phase of its life at least – will vary greatly depending on the availability of fight-ready friends in your immediate vicinity. Its pleasures are great and many, but for all of their eagerness to please, you’ll really need to explore them shoulder-to-shoulder with others. That, of course, is why the heart of any great fighting game truly beats, and Street Fighter 5’s beats as hard and loud as that of any you care to mention. As such, it would be a real shame if the curious new players it has so much to offer were turned off by its limited early content.

Playstation Universe
Lazy Gamer - 8.4/10
Examiner - 6/10
Next Gen Gaming - 8/10
Forbes - 8/10
God is Geek - 9/10
The Sixth Axis - 9/10
Jeuxvideo - 17/20

Getting this next month, DS4 will do in the meantime.

Still waiting for Juri.