Half-Life: Alyx

A place to discuss music and video games.
Ah, not saving my breath this time... We'll see. In Valve time it's probably in three weeks.

Meh. Their stupid reasons for NOT doing something and even for doing something...

I mean... we all talk about Valve is this great gaming company... uh yeah... when's the last time they actually came up with something original or at least intuitive somehow? Portal 2? And that's a sequel to Portal.... and since then? ... Yeah. I thought so. They become more and more of a corporate marketing company than a gaming company now that actually makes games. If you're afraid of effing mo-cap to create a game then oh boi... you sure do look stupid in terms of game creation... If you're just now building an engine then you're already too late cuz there are so many genius engines out there already. I love the source engine but come onnnn.... we already know you can't do anything else on it that's already been done. I have the feeling Valve focuses too much time on this Steam / SteamBox (console market) and probably a new engine (which takes too god damn long to make anyway) and MOST OF ALL support for their new console breakthrough. So yeah.... Amazing.

I totally agree.

Companies like Naughty Dog, Rockstar, DICE, Kojima Productions... They ATE Valve looong time ago. Half-Life 2 was 2004 if I'm correct, lot of shit has happened since then, industry has changed multiple times and I'm not sure if HL2 would be that good to me, today.

I know they're working on HL3 and I know the new source engine will probably be out of this world, but the way they treat their fans who were left hanging at the end of Episode 2... Fuck that attitude.

To me, Valve is the very definition of a game company that I love, but hate at the same time.

This time it's actually somewhat plausible that it may be the case. The first announcement was of an OS, second was of Hardware for the OS, logically the third step is games for it.

SilverHeart wrote:This time it's actually somewhat plausible that it may be the case. The first announcement was of an OS, second was of Hardware for the OS, logically the third step is games for it.
Someone said: the controller. LOL.

It's all about Three today, so either LFD3, P3 or HL3... or all Three.
Or none. :sick:

Could be an entirely new IP as well. The reveal is in a little over an hour now: We'll know by then.

SilverHeart wrote:Could be an entirely new IP as well. The reveal is in a little over an hour now: We'll know by then.
Expect nothing... at least something will come up. :D

At the very least it shows that someone at Valve can count to 3.