Prologue

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on July 17, 2020.
Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
CASE wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:16 am
That's clearly NOT JDW's voice.
I disagree. It sounds like him to me.

Posts: 1070
Joined: November 2012
What happened to Yourfavoratemusic? He used to do great covers of nolan soundtrack tracks. He might be working on something tenet-related (prologue for instance) somewhere.

Posts: 53
Joined: March 2017
I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.
 

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
Janky Sam wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.
 
JDW seems to be part of American team working for a rogue Ukranian group (but they dupe them at the end by swapping out the VIP). It's purposefully vague who is working for who.

Posts: 685
Joined: January 2012
Janky Sam wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.
 
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government, or some person/entity who has enough authority within the government.

Government hired the terrorists under the table. They're just pawns in the whole scheme of things.

The government then sends in their SWAT team to "counter" the terrorist attack, but they're really just there to vanish the VIP.

Real SWAT team is planting bombs, but they will eventually just be blamed on the terrorists. The audience has been gassed asleep, so no one sees the SWAT team planting the bombs.

Posts: 1857
Joined: December 2016
Bacon wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:39 pm
JDW seems to be part of American team working for a rogue Ukranian group (but they dupe them at the end by swapping out the VIP). It's purposefully vague who is working for who.
What’s interesting is that at first I thought they only swapped clothes to protect the VIP and exit him safely. That part about the Ukrainians was unintelligible to me.

Posts: 750
Joined: February 2012
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government.
It's too politically loaded.

Posts: 685
Joined: January 2012
Insomniac wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 5:15 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government.
It's too politically loaded.
Maybe so, but how else would it go down?
"The siege is a plan for them to vanish you". So either the whole thing was government-orchestrated (or at least by some entity or agency within the government, someone who has enough power to coerce terrorists, and then send in SWAT to "fight" them).

Or the terrorists were acting of their own accord, and the SWAT was like, "Oh yeah, this person that we need to vanish is at this opera house that's currently being attacked by terrorists. How convenient!". That's too coincidental, imo.

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm
Janky Sam wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.
 
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government, or some person/entity who has enough authority within the government.

Government hired the terrorists under the table. They're just pawns in the whole scheme of things.

The government then sends in their SWAT team to "counter" the terrorist attack, but they're really just there to vanish the VIP.

Real SWAT team is planting bombs, but they will eventually just be blamed on the terrorists. The audience has been gassed asleep, so no one sees the SWAT team planting the bombs.
^^^ All of this

Posts: 174
Joined: October 2019
So much going on in 6 minutes.

Post Reply