Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
My audience was boring as shit! 10-20 people in a huge IMAX screen that could fit about 200 people. No reactions, everyone was silent and no one clapped at the end. I did a couple of quiet and awkward claps. Most peope left right when the credits started.
I was the last to walk out, I literally stayed until the projector was turned off - Gotta listen Zimmer's score :)

It was the very first public IMAX screening at 8PM and there was no online booking so I think people had to ask to know about it.

Oku
Same here, multiple (I think three?) viewings at an IMAX Laser theater with several hundred people, but at all of them, there have been no reactions; a few people left as soon as the credits started, but most left midway into the credits.

As I said before, about a quarter or a third of the audience clapped at Lincoln Square 13. For Interstellar there, about four tenths of the audience clapped, but relegated to the bottom half of the auditorium peculiarly.

RT

270/22

92% 8.6

rbej wrote:RT

270/22

92% 8.6
It's at 93% with 8.6 avg rating

Top critics = 96% with 9.0 avg rating.

It's scores won't change anymore at this point.

90/100 on Critics Choice and 94 MC with 51 positive reviews. 30+ 100s.

I'll be back for awards season.

Almost 300 reviews in holding a 93% with an avg rating of 8.6. Top critics at 96% avg 9/10 Impressive.

I guessed this as soon as we found out the names and turns out I was right so. Tommy doesn't have a backstory because he's A TOMMY. Meaning, an average British soldier. He's supposed to be just that. Giving him a backstory would be literally betraying the nature of his character.

Have it from the man himself: Fionn: "The characters are supposed to represent the every man"
video

Why would Nolan compromise one of the basis of his film to satisfy a couple of critics who would've probably found another thing to bitch about anyway? Come on.

Oku
Murakami55 wrote:
rbej wrote:RT

270/22

92% 8.6
It's at 93% with 8.6 avg rating

Top critics = 96% with 9.0 avg rating.

It's scores won't change anymore at this point.

90/100 on Critics Choice and 94 MC with 51 positive reviews. 30+ 100s.

I'll be back for awards season.
What do you mean you'll "be back for awards season"?

You only have two posts, it's not like you were here in the first place??
NotoriousWolf wrote:Almost 300 reviews in holding a 93% with an avg rating of 8.6. Top critics at 96% avg 9/10 Impressive.
"Bigger" franchise films like Spider-Man: Homecoming and War for the Planet of the Apes only have 273 and 238 reviews.

It's fascinating to see that Mr. Nolan's films make critics feel like they just have to weigh in and give their own take; his films inspire passion. :)

okungnyo wrote: What do you mean you'll "be back for awards season"?
Coming back to this site during the Academy Awards (and other award shows presumably).
okungnyo wrote: You only have two posts, it's not like you were here in the first place??
:?:

Oku
I meant that in a genuinely curious way, not a negative way.

It's like saying "whew, that was a good workout! see you guys/gals at the gym for next week's workout!!" after working out for like two minutes. :lol:

Edit: and also in the "you should stay until then and post more during that time" kind of way