Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
prowlercomesaround wrote:Nolan made 3 batman films, revolutionised comicbook filmmaking forever, and never made a visit to Comic-Con. Now, suddenly a new trailer (with no new Zimmer music attached) and an appearance at Comic-Con a few months before premiere. Anyone else sensing a "push" from the producers (need for extra marketing, too much secrecy etc)?
I just think they asked him politely and he said yes, so that Matthew wasn't alone behind the mic. They also kept their fingers crossed, just in case, because they need every bit of the marketing out there as soon as possible. Comic Con is number one this time of the year so voila!

prowlercomesaround wrote:Nolan made 3 batman films, revolutionised comicbook filmmaking forever, and never made a visit to Comic-Con. Now, suddenly a new trailer (with no new Zimmer music attached) and an appearance at Comic-Con a few months before premiere. Anyone else sensing a "push" from the producers (need for extra marketing, too much secrecy etc)?
He explained why he was never able to attend for those films.

Yes. To see "what all the fuss is about". Right indeed.

prowlercomesaround wrote:Yes. To see "what all the fuss is about". Right indeed.
What? Can you read?

ChristNolan wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:Yes. To see "what all the fuss is about". Right indeed.
What? Can you read?
At least as good as you sense irony, I guess.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
What? Can you read?
At least as good as you sense irony, I guess.
Your response had nothing to do with my post.

He said that when Comic-Con took place he was busy with the films. And it makes sense if you think about it. The Batman movies were in the summer, so he had to be at the previous year Comic Con (2007 for TDK for example), but then he was filming or in preproduction..

Now with Interstellar, which is in november, the filming is done, they are in postproduction, which can give some time for Nolan to attend Comic Con.

But I noticed another thing. Nolan is a little awkward, stiff in the footage (my impression), at least in the beginning (he cracks a joke or two toward the end). He is not used with this kind of crowd as he seems a little out of the water. For comparison McC is smooth and he can play this kind of crowd. It comes down to personality I think, to the way you are and the way you handle various people.

There you go. This could 've been explained a few posts above though.

JohnConstantine wrote:
He said that when Comic-Con took place he was busy with the films. And it makes sense if you think about it. The Batman movies were in the summer, so he had to be at the previous year Comic Con (2007 for TDK for example), but then he was filming or in preproduction..

Now with Interstellar, which is in november, the filming is done, they are in postproduction, which can give some time for Nolan to attend Comic Con.

But I noticed another thing. Nolan is a little awkward, stiff in the footage (my impression), at least in the beginning (he cracks a joke or two toward the end). He is not used with this kind of crowd as he seems a little out of the water. For comparison McC is smooth and he can play this kind of crowd. It comes down to personality I think, to the way you are and the way you handle various people.

Yes, but that reply made absolutely no sense in context of the original comment. Probably doesn't understand English too well. :)

Best quality version so far:

chocoboba wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:

Yes, but that reply made absolutely no sense in context of the original comment. Probably doesn't understand English too well. :)
Everything made perfect sense. My first reply was just a joke in response to Nolan’s comments on Comic-Con, where he said ”to see what all the fuss was about” twice. I just thought it was funny. It wasn’t obviously.

And yes, I also felt that his appearance was awkward. He seemed a little out of place, hence the repeating remarks.