Villains for Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I really wanna see Catwoman, just cause I'm a fan, but I don't think its gonna happen.

Site Admin
chee wrote:I really wanna see Catwoman, just cause I'm a fan, but I don't think its gonna happen.
I think that Catwoman has a real chance of getting a role in Batman 3. This is only based on the fact that Rachel Dawes is gone and their is no major female role at the end of The Dark Knight.

AlexHaas wrote:
chee wrote:I really wanna see Catwoman, just cause I'm a fan, but I don't think its gonna happen.
I think that Catwoman has a real chance of getting a role in Batman 3. This is only based on the fact that Rachel Dawes is gone and their is no major female role at the end of The Dark Knight.
I heard that Chris Nolan didn't want to do Catwoman or Robin. D:

But that would be really cool if he did. I would like to see the beat-up prostitute version of Catwoman (although a prostitute in a PG-13 kid movie...probably isn't the best choice) then that stupid little cats-lick-her-and-gives-her-powers thing that went on in Halle's version.

i know ive changed my mind about which villains i want to see in the 3rd batman movie but i just thought of the most logical ones no one has thoguht of yet. okay so in the last movie maroni supposedly died so if he did die then why wouldnt the penguin come out of the shadows to take over the role as the new crime boss of gotham. while penguin is robbing people, smuggling drugs and doing much more illegal things edward nigma decides to step in to help catch batman. but first to look like a hero he trys to help the police take down the gotham crime familys and he trys to get the penguin caught. he soon does because of his superiour intellect and he then trys to find batman and get him killed. commissinor gordan begins to realize that nigma is more of a villain after he lets penguin out of prison but makes it look like he escaped so penguin will kill batman (because at the start of the movie penguin has a run in with batman and they become enemies). batman soon after stops penguin and puts him back in prison and after taking down another couple crime familys he is once again gothams hero. edward nigma is furious so he becomes the alias of riddler and seeks to finally deafete batman until he is stopped by batman in an epic battle (they fight a few times before the epic battle). basically batman deafetes riddler and penguin and once again becomes the hero.

Penguin becomes a villain because like most mafia bosses he wants wealth and riches but riddler becomes a villain because not only does he want fame but he also enjoys the thrill of catching batman and he thinks it is all one big puzzle.

As for wild speculation on the villains, I think we need to lay down some ground rules.

David Goyer already stated that they'd prefer to go with villains they haven't seen in the films before. I think that's a great idea, at the same time I don't think it's an absolute that we won't see any previous film villains in the next installment of Batman.

As for Catwoman, a woman who dresses up in a leather cat costume (and therefore could easily be shot, stabbed, beaten severely, i.e. DIE) swinging from rooftops like Indiana Jones is not realistic. Batman's suit works because it is BODY ARMOR, Fox said so in "Begins." It was an infantry bullet proof design that was tailored to look like a bat, not the other way around. Unless Selina Kyle can have access to the R&D department of Wayne Enterprises and make a military suit look like a cat, she would not last one night on the streets of Gotham; it's not plausible.

The villains in the films are very closely connected with the themes of the films. In Begins, Scarecrow's use of the fear toxin and Ra's Al Ghul teaching Bruce to overcome his fear. In The Dark Knight, the Joker is a product of escalation and Two-Face is as well when he believes that he must take extreme measures to defeat the one's who are constantly gaining on him.

Contrary to popular belief, both films in the series had multiple villains. All these villains seem to follow basic molds and if held true to form then it's safe to assume the villains in the third film will too. It usually goes:

The Mob Boss, The Pawn, The Mastermind

Batman Begins - Carmine Falcone (The Mob Boss), Scarecrow (The Pawn), Ra's Al Ghul (The Mastermind)
The Dark Knight - Sal Maroni (The Mob Boss), Two-Face (The Pawn), The Joker (The Mastermind)

If the third film follows this form then you can fill in the blanks yourself about the most logical choices of villains.

Personally, I think this is a wonderful opportunity to shed the light on villains who've never really gotten their due outside of the comic books and TV series.

One villain I think fits into the role of The Pawn is Black Mask. He's sadistic, he's a torturer, he's a gangster. Nothing unrealistic or wild about him that doesn't fit into Nolan's film universe.
Rupert Thorne can fill in the role as a mob boss. There's potential to explore the politics of Gotham and we know that the mayor in The Dark Knight was elected to clean up the city. With Batman being a hunted vigilante, there's definitely going to be a politician who wants to be the face of the issue and a leader who promises results. This is where Rupert Thorne can cross into both the political and criminal worlds.
A character who is prime for a "Nolanized" make-over for the films is The Riddler. The Riddler can play the role of the mastermind who's pulling the strings.

Eternalist wrote:The Mob Boss, The Pawn, The Mastermind

Batman Begins - Carmine Falcone (The Mob Boss), Scarecrow (The Pawn), Ra's Al Ghul (The Mastermind)
The Dark Knight - Sal Maroni (The Mob Boss), Two-Face (The Pawn), The Joker (The Mastermind)
That's a good point. So now I choose:

Tony Zucco (mobster), The Riddler (pawn) The Penguin (mastermind)

So many non-famous could work... But maybe, maybe, some pressure is going on... :?:

dagn96 wrote:Tony Zucco (mobster), The Riddler (pawn) The Penguin (mastermind)
I don't agree on that. If you look at the old Batman series, then you'll see that in Batman Returns The Penguin needed some guidence from Max Shreck. The Penguin never really had parrents, he is a bit lost in the normal world. While The Riddler was never lost. Therefor I think The Riddler has more capacity to be the mastermind and The Penguin to be the pawn.
And I have to say that I don't really care about the mobster. Could be anyone anyway...

How about Nolan having the Joker break out of Arkham and team up with the Riddler?

ambertamblynrocks wrote:How about Nolan having the Joker break out of Arkham and team up with the Riddler?
Out of the question :D