Tyler Flores as Mark

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Loved how Blake just blew him off after he asked "Is he back?" near the ending. He gave a face similar to :JGLface:

Kewl avatar hun.

Jesusfreak wrote:
"Do you think he's coming back?'' The infamous line that made us all go crazy with speculation from the trailers. Anyone think he looked like Aladdin?
Discuss.

performance aside, I think this part in terms of story suffered from possible edit cuts. The character is pretty key, since Bane and Batman are orphans, Blake is an orphan, his brother was obviously one and died in Bane's sewer, so the ability of orphans to go either way and the fact they're going the wrong way without Batman is very well set up. So the kid was kind of key, he wants Batman to return cuz u get the feeling his growing cynicism will lead him wrong unless Batman inspires him again. He was the image of how Batman's presence sways those who can go either way starting young.

But it all happened so quick that I don't think that all resonated much at all really. His first scene it's distracting that he's nonchalant about his brother, and he's never shown to almost go the wrong way, so he comes off as more of just a Batman fan who is too young to remember batman, which is distracting, as opposed to a troubled kid who needs Batman to keep him from going down the wrong path.

I get the distinct feeling this is a victim of editing, but it might have just been written without much impact. It's too bad, the character himself held an important potential role, the kid version of Matthew Modine's arc. But, how long would that arc make this movie?

dustbust5 wrote:
Jesusfreak wrote:
"Do you think he's coming back?'' The infamous line that made us all go crazy with speculation from the trailers. Anyone think he looked like Aladdin?
Discuss.

performance aside, I think this part in terms of story suffered from possible edit cuts. The character is pretty key, since Bane and Batman are orphans, Blake is an orphan, his brother was obviously one and died in Bane's sewer, so the ability of orphans to go either way and the fact they're going the wrong way without Batman is very well set up. So the kid was kind of key, he wants Batman to return cuz u get the feeling his growing cynicism will lead him wrong unless Batman inspires him again. He was the image of how Batman's presence sways those who can go either way starting young.

But it all happened so quick that I don't think that all resonated much at all really. His first scene it's distracting that he's nonchalant about his brother, and he's never shown to almost go the wrong way, so he comes off as more of just a Batman fan who is too young to remember batman, which is distracting, as opposed to a troubled kid who needs Batman to keep him from going down the wrong path.

I get the distinct feeling this is a victim of editing, but it might have just been written without much impact. It's too bad, the character himself held an important potential role, the kid version of Matthew Modine's arc. But, how long would that arc make this movie?
You're probably right, but I was fine with his scene totally. I was fine with his screentime/ character development