Your fav character in a Nolan film

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Allstar wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I just found her to be just a far more interesting character. She was ignorant about everything around her.
She was not even a character merely a projection for 95% of the film.
Shoudn't 'Mal' be counted as part of Cobb's character? She's basically a representation of surpressed emotions.

By the way my favorite is The Joker.

Mal was not interesting at all, really cause she's not even Mal.

Bacon wrote:Mal was not interesting at all, really cause she's not even Mal.
I agree that she was just a device rather than a character but her role in the story and the mystery that surrounded her character did make her interesting, to an extent. But I have to agree with you when it comes to characterization.

Has to be Scarecrow in Batman Begins the writing of the character and portrayl by Cillian Murphy really seemed to capture the essence of what Scarecrow is all about. I just wish that Scarecrow could have had a more substantial role in TDKR and even though the judge scene was marvelous I see it more as being intended for the Joker and it would have been interesting to have seen a scene truer to Jonathan Crane by seeing his Scarecrow alter ego at some point in the film.

Joker
Bruce Wayne
Cobb
Fischer
Alfred Borden
Bane
Selina Kyle/catwoman

Nolan's films are so full of great characters that it's impossible to pick just one. Jackman and Bale's character in The Prestige are two of my favorites however.

too difficult to choose, but I will say that one of my favorites may come as a surprise to many, but I felt his performance was great and totally believable.

Cobb-Following

ventman wrote:Has to be Scarecrow in Batman Begins the writing of the character and portrayl by Cillian Murphy really seemed to capture the essence of what Scarecrow is all about. I just wish that Scarecrow could have had a more substantial role in TDKR and even though the judge scene was marvelous I see it more as being intended for the Joker and it would have been interesting to have seen a scene truer to Jonathan Crane by seeing his Scarecrow alter ego at some point in the film.
:twothumbsup: :clap:

The Scarecrow would be my favorite Nolan character if not for one thing. I loved him in most of Batman Begins and in his cameos in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, but I hated him during the last part of the first film, when he goes all Halloween mode.

But that's just a quibble, it's still an amazing and (sometimes, I think) underrated character.

didich wrote:The Scarecrow would be my favorite Nolan character if not for one thing. I loved him in most of Batman Begins and in his cameos in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, but I hated him during the last part of the first film, when he goes all Halloween mode.

But that's just a quibble, it's still an amazing and (sometimes, I think) underrated character.
Agreed Scarecrow is underrated.

I would have liked to have seen more than just a cameo from Scarecrow in TDKR although I thought the judge scene was one of the better moments in the film it would have been interesting to have seen the older disheveled Jonathan Crane in a slightly more substantial role and I would have liked it especially if a scene could have included him using or trying to use the fear toxin and wearing the Scarecrow mask because as good as the Judge scene was it didn't acknowledge that aspect of his character.