Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Get yo ass back in the gym AhmadAli95 ;)

Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:05 pm
I did a cardio session (HIIT) yesterday at the gym after not being able to go for two months because of a paint job and getting the common cold twice in a month. It felt so good!
Last edited by AhmadAli95 on August 7th, 2019, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:05 pm
I did a cardio session (HIIT) yesterday at the gym after not being able to go for two weeks because of a paint job and getting the common cold twice in a month. It felt so good!
Good! Just keep on going. And try not to obsess too much about how much you might lose in x amount of weeks/months. If you eat a bit healthier and sweat your ass off at least a few times a week in the gym, you will notice difference sooner or later. You might not see it YOURSELF so quickly when you look in the mirror, but trust me, other will notice :)

Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Good! Just keep on going. And try not to obsess too much about how much you might lose in x amount of weeks/months. If you eat a bit healthier and sweat your ass off at least a few times a week in the gym, you will notice difference sooner or later. You might not see it YOURSELF so quickly when you look in the mirror, but trust me, other will notice :)
:thumbup:
Gonna try to make smarter food choices because that’s where I’m really struggling

It’s nice to read all the response and experiences. Very encouraging.

Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm
Calorie count is a bit overrated though. Or well, let's just say that people worry too much about the calories.
I agree. Whenever I try counting calories, it always makes me way too obsessed and aware of it - I try pre planning all of my meals, days in advance, especially if I know I might indulge in something more calory heavy, and I hate that feeling. It’s very draining, and soon enough you notice you’ve been thinking about food all day. Smaller portions always worked the best for me. Which is what I’ll probably try doing again.

So since late ~2017 I’ve gained like 15 pounds, which is not the end of the world, esp for someone who’s 5’9, but it’s enough to make me feel crappy about myself. Added weight even if it’s not too much just doesn’t sit very flatteringly on me, I look a lot fatter than I am.

Ruth wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:16 pm
So since late ~2017 I’ve gained like 15 pounds, which is not the end of the world, esp for someone who’s 5’9, but it’s enough to make me feel crappy about myself. Added weight even if it’s not too much just doesn’t sit very flatteringly on me, I look a lot fatter than I am.
Yo, OMG! I’m 5’9 too.

Counting calories is definitely not for everyone but I find it fascinating. It makes you aware of how much you’re eating. You don’t have to log everything you eat. You know 16 grams of peanut butter is 100 cals and a slice of toast ranges between 70 to 100.

Yes, I haven’t lost weight at all actually (stuck at 93kg / 200 something pounds) :lol: but getting a kitchen scale changed my life.

guys, don't count calories. it sucks. Instead, eat high (healthy!) fat, medium protein, low carb and you can eat as much as you fucking want. it's great.

Breakfest: buckwheat cereal + ground flax seeds + organic blueberries
Lunch / Dinner: free range chicken (brine first for 15m-6hr then roast at 450 w/ any seasoning for 15m then broil for another 5) or grass fed beef (chuck roast into stews or ground 85 beef into chilis or lettuce burgers w/ avocado or homemade guac) + roasted or sautéed veggies. maybe one of those meals will be a salad.

I eat lots of coconut oil, EV olive oil, avocado, some nuts. Hummus sometimes. I'm also mostly GF, Soy and Dairy Free.

I get everything from trader joes and I spend like $250 a month on groceries including cheat meals. I take some gut and microbiome supplements too. Happy gut happy brain.

I have 1-2 cheat meals a week where I eat whatever I want, deep dish pizza, burgers, ramen, dumplings, whatever, and I still feel great. I'd recommend doing the diet for a month before cheating too much though.

-Vader

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:15 pm
:thumbup:
Gonna try to make smarter food choices because that’s where I’m really struggling

It’s nice to read all the response and experiences. Very encouraging.
Hell yeah man! I've been through it also, and positive responses from people helped me do better :)

I started 2 years ago on June 2017 with trying to be more fit & healthy. Which was just mostly GOING to the gym and excercise for me, and be a bit more cautious about some of the stuff I eat. I went back living with my mom and she's a Thai so I eat shit loads of Thai food, which helps lol. I went from around 137 kilo (when I started) to being around 90-95kilo now.

I only wished I did this like 6/7 years ago instead of 2 haha, but better late then never I guess :)
Ruth wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:16 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm
Calorie count is a bit overrated though. Or well, let's just say that people worry too much about the calories.
I agree. Whenever I try counting calories, it always makes me way too obsessed and aware of it - I try pre planning all of my meals, days in advance, especially if I know I might indulge in something more calory heavy, and I hate that feeling. It’s very draining, and soon enough you notice you’ve been thinking about food all day. Smaller portions always worked the best for me. Which is what I’ll probably try doing again.
Yup! This happens to most of us when fixating on calories. It's the same with obsessing too much about your weight on the scale.

At a certain point when you've lost alot, you gotta realize that the kilo's won't drop as quickly anymore. And that's the most struggling part for people because they lose motivation because the numbers arent swinging much anymore on the scale. But the best thing you can do is take your mind off that and just keep on kicking ass.

Carbs making people fat is why I don’t think god exists

Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 7:17 pm
I started 2 years ago on June 2017 with trying to be more fit & healthy. Which was just mostly GOING to the gym and excercise for me, and be a bit more cautious about some of the stuff I eat. I went back living with my mom and she's a Thai so I eat shit loads of Thai food, which helps lol. I went from around 137 kilo (when I started) to being around 90-95kilo now.
Dude... awesome achievement :twothumbsup:
It really is never too late to start. I gained weight in my early teen years and it just never went away lol. Ever since I was 16, I'd set unrealistic goals for myself like: I'll lose the weight by my next birthday and I'm 23 now...
I tried so many things, went to the gym, walked everyday, did cardio at home. I just wasn't consistent with anything.