Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Harder? I hardly know her.

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 10:14 am
yeah mod me harder mommy 😩
am i not enough for you?

Ruth...we can share. Gosh.

Yes, but I thought Nistopher was my personal troll. I’m a little heartbroken.

Don't take it personally. He has an affinity for all the female members here because we're the best members here.

Artemis wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 9:52 am
okay i'm back. i can be mod now if y'all still want that.
heck yes

Ruth wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 10:30 am
Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 10:14 am
yeah mod me harder mommy 😩
am i not enough for you?
don't worry, there's enough Colon for everyone ;)

This might be a random thing to rant (lol and no this is not a reference to a past dispute lmao :lol: ) about but I don't care.

People are still sharing that Craig Mazin rotten tomatoes picture and it's getting annoying.

Okay so Mazin's previous work didn't get amazing scores like Chernobyl did but his previous work did do great box office. If you just count the box office for the Scary Movies and Hangover movies his box office returns are over a billion. How many screenwriters and directors in the industry can lay claim to that?

On top of that, I haven't heard any stories or gossip about him being a dick to work with, or being difficult, or being an abuser. So it seems like people enjoy working with him which goes pretty far in Hollywood. My acting teacher told us that directors and crew would rather work with a nice person who is a bad actor than someone who is a great actor but a diva. I think the same can be applied to other jobs on a film set.

Also something something networking.

/rant

I think it’s partly people just circlejerking a meme until it’s not funny anymore, partly people being somewhat jealous, and partly people having to come to terms with the idea that someone in HW doing dumb schlocky artless shit isn’t actually a complete utter fool, and is capable of producing amazing art with the right ideas/resources

people are very deep into this idea that entertainment people literally do not have any lives of their own and it’s a very romanticized idea that art literally gives them LIFE like true talents only live to create some amazing arthouse kinos for ~the real film fans~. Sometimes you just gotta do “bad” projects in your early career. You gotta put the food on the table, pay your taxes. Sometimes there are no any other opportunities than working in a project that’s beyond saving even by someone incredibly talented. And yeah, sometimes people just phone in and want fast money. We all do that, or we all would do that if we could

I think it's okay to recognize that Hollywood is an industry where people want to make money and there is nothing wrong with that.

Mazin made money for his bosses and for execs and now he can work on what he wants to work on.

People in the industry don't care about Rotten Tomatoes scores nearly as much as outsiders or wannabees do. I mean, WB continued employing Snyder despite his RT scores. Venom is still getting a sequel. These are just two high profile examples off the top of my head.

Basically, I agree with everything you said Ruth.