Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

Why am I having so much trouble changing my avatar? So many fucking restrictions.

akv1984 wrote:Why am I having so much trouble changing my avatar? So many fucking restrictions.
It's dumb that it has to be 360x200 no matter what.

Havoc1st wrote:
akv1984 wrote:Why am I having so much trouble changing my avatar? So many fucking restrictions.
It's dumb that it has to be 360x200 no matter what.
It would be better if the site itself could resize it for us.

waiting at a therapist's office for an appointment

what do I do

what do I say

I just realized there's nothing like objectively wrong with me

like I've known people who've been abused and had major actual trauma in their lives

what the exact fuck is wrong with me? too afraid to talk to people? don't like the way I look? don't feel like a man?

what am I even doing here

So... leave.

Cilogy wrote:waiting at a therapist's office for an appointment

what do I do

what do I say

like I've known people who've been abused and had major actual trauma in their lives

what the exact fuck is wrong with me? too afraid to talk to people? don't like the way I look? don't feel like a man?

A. If you're asking that many questions over something like this, that may be a reason why you're at a therapist's office. It may help.
B. Doesn't have to be anything objectively wrong with you. A therapist is there to help whatever you feel you need, even if what you need help with is finding what's wrong.

I hate talking to my dad. Everything I do something is wrong. I bought Argo on Blu Ray for $9.99, he shows me that I could buy it on ebay for $6.89. "You could have saved $3 Ayesha. You could have done this Ayesha. It's your money Ayesha." Like holy shit okay.

I'm in talks with two companies for internships and they really like me. The pay is shit of course since it's an internship but it's experience and my portfolio will benefit greatly too. But of course I get shit like "I don't know what reality you are living in. Why do you get excited over $10/hr internships? You should have been an engineer." and then he'll tell me about some Indian daughter or whatever who gets paid $20/hr at an internship while going to school and will get hired full time.

Then he goes on and on about shit like how I should date, get married, lose weight, and just a laundry list of stuff. I can't do fucking everything. I can't check prices on every site, date, get a full time job, go to school for engineering full time, work an internship, lose weight, cook for the family, and god knows what else all at the same time.

It's frustrating. I don't even want to tell my parents about any job interviews I might have because I'll get shit for it. And like it doesn't even matter if they are for good companies. If the pay is shit the job is shit. One of the companies I interviewed with was voted #12 by the Houston Business Journal as the best place to work in Houston. They have a great reputation in Houston and are generally well liked. But of course pay sucks so I shouldn't even consider it.

It's just frustrating dealing with all this.

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:waiting at a therapist's office for an appointment

what do I do

what do I say

A. If you're asking that many questions over something like this, that may be a reason why you're at a therapist's office.
bakan with the wisdom. your self esteem being so low that you don't even feel you deserve help seems like a good jumping off point

a good jumping off point

i'll file this under "phrases not to use while talking to guys with low self esteem"
akv1984 wrote:
I hate talking to my dad. Everything I do something is wrong. I bought Argo on Blu Ray for $9.99, he shows me that I could buy it on ebay for $6.89. "You could have saved $3 Ayesha. You could have done this Ayesha. It's your money Ayesha." Like holy shit okay.

I'm in talks with two companies for internships and they really like me. The pay is shit of course since it's an internship but it's experience and my portfolio will benefit greatly too. But of course I get shit like "I don't know what reality you are living in. Why do you get excited over $10/hr internships? You should have been an engineer." and then he'll tell me about some Indian daughter or whatever who gets paid $20/hr at an internship while going to school and will get hired full time.

Then he goes on and on about shit like how I should date, get married, lose weight, and just a laundry list of stuff. I can't do fucking everything. I can't check prices on every site, date, get a full time job, go to school for engineering full time, work an internship, lose weight, cook for the family, and god knows what else all at the same time.

It's frustrating. I don't even want to tell my parents about any job interviews I might have because I'll get shit for it. And like it doesn't even matter if they are for good companies. If the pay is shit the job is shit. One of the companies I interviewed with was voted #12 by the Houston Business Journal as the best place to work in Houston. They have a great reputation in Houston and are generally well liked. But of course pay sucks so I shouldn't even consider it.

It's just frustrating dealing with all this.
You can try telling him that you'd be a shit engineer with a shit job because you have zero interest in that field.
Or your can try pipe method? You listen from one ear and let it out from another. Don't let it reach your brain.