Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tom Cruise revealed in a video message at yesterday’s Hollywood in Vienna concert that Hans Zimmer will be scoring the upcoming action drama Top Gun: Maverick. Hans-Zimmer.com has confirmed that the composer will be collaborating with Harold Faltermeyer who composed the music for Tony Scott’s 1986 original film.

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/10/2 ... -maverick/

Tom lost weight.

WOW! This is why I love Kosinsky. So far he's one of the most underrated directors in Hollywood.

Meh. Sadly this doesn't do anything for me. The reason the first one was a total iconic movie is mainly due to it amazing soundtrack. But this damn trailer really fire up in me that I want a Robotech movie.

This will have a kickass score, though.

LelekPL wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 4:00 pm
This will have a kickass score, though.
Source? There's in no way this movie will live up to the first one to the soundtrack department. But it will deliver in actions no doubt. The thought of modern jet fighters in actions doesn't do anything for me.

Zimmer and Feltmayer are composers for the film, Danger Zone will be included and Kosinsky is the director (TRON and Oblivion both had amazing scores) so you do the math.

Hell yeah! In for director and Cruise! Looks awesome.

At this moment it's just difficult for me to differentiate between Tom Cruise's characters from past years. I'm not even sure if they're characters, they all just seem like... Tom Cruise :D But the trailer itself showed off some cool moments, so I'm interested to see how this ends up.