Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
antovolk wrote:
okungnyo wrote:No, you made it.
dafuq are you talking about, I didn't. It's an official TV spot
Yes, you did.

You made it.

No need to be modest; enjoy the limelight! :thumbup:
I'm just horsing around.

I'm complimenting you by saying that your edit work is indistinguishable from the official stuff.

Mark me down for a 9/10

See, I don't need to KNOW if Deckard is a Repilicant or not, though given the fact that in the original film the Repilicants have a rather short lifespan of just a couple of years I guess we know the answer to that one now...oups.

Batfan175 wrote:See, I don't need to KNOW if Deckard is a Repilicant or not, though given the fact that in the original film the Repilicants have a rather short lifespan of just a couple of years I guess we know the answer to that one now...oups.
That was just Nexus 6 (like Roy or Pris) and previous models. Nexus 8 , 9 (and 7?) don't have this limitation.

LelekPL wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:See, I don't need to KNOW if Deckard is a Repilicant or not, though given the fact that in the original film the Repilicants have a rather short lifespan of just a couple of years I guess we know the answer to that one now...oups.
That was just Nexus 6 (like Roy or Pris) and previous models. Nexus 8 , 9 (and 7?) don't have this limitation.
Maybe I missed a line of dialogue but I don't remember either the first or second film ever saying that the Nexus 6 Replicants were the only ones with a limited lifespan. Besides, IF the Nexus 8 and 9 models do not have that characteristic, and IF Deckard were a Replicant wouldn't he be an older model and hence be long dead at this point since the Nexus 8 and 9 models seem to have been created after the events of the first film?

Batfan175 wrote:
LelekPL wrote:
Maybe I missed a line of dialogue but I don't remember either the first or second film ever saying that the Nexus 6 Replicants were the only ones with a limited lifespan. Besides, IF the Nexus 8 and 9 models do not have that characteristic, and IF Deckard were a Replicant wouldn't he be an older model and hence be long dead at this point since the Nexus 8 and 9 models seem to have been created after the events of the first film?
The original ending to Blade Runner tells you this. The viral videos before Blade Runner 2049 tell you this. And no, Nexus 6 is not the only model with the age limit - I said it clearly "Nexus 6 AND PREVIOUS MODELS". Nexus 8 (Batista) and 9 (Gosling) don't have age limits. As for Deckard, if he is a Replicant, then he's probably Nexus 7, just like Rachel, so also, no age limit.

LelekPL wrote:The original ending to Blade Runner tells you this. The viral videos before Blade Runner 2049 tell you this. And no, Nexus 6 is not the only model with the age limit - I said it clearly "Nexus 6 AND PREVIOUS MODELS". Nexus 8 (Batista) and 9 (Gosling) don't have age limits. As for Deckard, if he is a Replicant, then he's probably Nexus 7, just like Rachel, so also, no age limit.
Viral videos before Blade Runner 2049 are not part of the film, hence meaningless. Maybe Deckard's just an average human being and ages like any average human being would. I'm not even sure that the Replicants' outward appearance changes with age. They just seem to look like adults the minute they are constructed and never change physically (which seemed to me to be the reason why fake childhood memories needed to be implanted in the first place) so if Deckard changes physically over time, that alone would mean he's not a Replicant.