What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Locked
Posts: 1231
Joined: April 2010
Location: South Africa
The Nightmare Before Christmas - 11/10

Flat-out masterpiece.

MrG
Posts: 520
Joined: August 2010
Location: The Shire
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - 9/10
Why? Why the sequels? It would've been so much better as a stand alone film.

Posts: 2001
Joined: November 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
The Prestige (2nd time)

Much more understood and appreciated it this time.


This time, I WAS watching closely.

Posts: 926
Joined: July 2010
Location: Cali
movieman1005 wrote:The Prestige (2nd time)

Much more understood and appreciated it this time.


This time, I WAS watching closely.
Superb acting by Bale

Posts: 20369
Joined: June 2010
micool wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:The Prestige (2nd time)

Much more understood and appreciated it this time.


This time, I WAS watching closely.
Superb acting by Bale
Superb acting by Jackman

Posts: 3417
Joined: April 2009
Location: Cali
Redsmile wrote:Scarface
geez sooooooooooooooooo overrated
ok film but not worthy of its poster being on every rappers wall.
The film doesn't represent Rappers and not only rappers like the film. Rappers likes the film cause they all think they are gangsters and some used to be small time gangsters and then got into the rap business. The film represents a man who gets lost in a world he thinks is a wonderful world, yet it costs him is friend, family and even his own life. When he came to America he could have done something better to make a living.

I like the film cause of Al's perfect work and the passion of the director and the writer. That's why this movie will never get old. Always remains a classic.

Posts: 2001
Joined: November 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
micool wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:The Prestige (2nd time)

Much more understood and appreciated it this time.


This time, I WAS watching closely.
Superb acting by Bale
YES! He did each "twin" brilliantly!

Quick ? on that, though. Does anyone know how they did the effect with both Jackman and Bale where we see each of the twins in the same shot? It happened very quickly for both characters, but I saw it while Angier and his double were on stage practicing and at the end where we see Alfred changing make up with his twin. I'm assuming both Bale and Jackman do not have identicals themselves... :?:

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
MrG wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - 9/10
Why? Why the sequels? It would've been so much better as a stand alone film.
:think: I tought that pirates of carribbean only got better with each sequels

Posts: 21411
Joined: June 2010
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975) - 9.8/10.

Posts: 272
Joined: January 2010
Mr. Caine wrote:
MrG wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - 9/10
Why? Why the sequels? It would've been so much better as a stand alone film.
:think: I tought that pirates of carribbean only got better with each sequels
yeah me too

Locked