Godzilla (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
didich wrote:
m4st4 wrote:was I wrong to enjoy this as much as I did?
Never think you're wrong for enjoying a movie.
:o Oh... okay... dear sir. :D

TheScooter wrote:
One thing that bothered me was the use of a ticking clock in the third act. It's a cheap way to increase tension and it takes me out any movie that uses it (even TDKR). Every time it cut back to the soldiers during the final fight I just rolled my eyes. I still enjoyed the movie though.
Nolan has already explained why he used that motif for TDKR. It harkens back to Batman Begins which is perfectly appropriate considering the characters and circumstances. It's also an ode to Fritz Lang (Nolan considers him the first to really use that motif, though he can't know for certain) since his work is a big influence on the film.

ChristNolan wrote:
TheScooter wrote:
One thing that bothered me was the use of a ticking clock in the third act. It's a cheap way to increase tension and it takes me out any movie that uses it (even TDKR). Every time it cut back to the soldiers during the final fight I just rolled my eyes. I still enjoyed the movie though.
Nolan has already explained why he used that motif for TDKR. It harkens back to Batman Begins which is perfectly appropriate considering the characters and circumstances. It's also an ode to Fritz Lang (Nolan considers him the first to really use that motif, though he can't know for certain) since his work is a big influence on the film.
Oh, I guess I never saw that quote. Thanks for the info.
I still don't like it though. 8-)

Yeah no worries, it's understandable. It's been used so much through the years that it's become incredibly predictable. Even though you can kinda tell where it's going in TDKR, the chase finale is so thrilling that it more than makes up for it in my opinion. Unlike Godzilla where I had absolutely no care in the world for that situation.

11072014 wrote:
m4st4 wrote: I want to watch it again... but there's no time, and DOFP is around the corner.
lol

Crazy Eight wrote:You have an almost impressive way of making sweeping, definitive statements, while peppering it with "how I feel" or "for me" clarifications. It's confusing as fuck to read.
Oh cry me a river. Let me make it simple for you..

I liked Godzilla more than that piece of shit Pacific Rim. Whether im making a statement about Pacific Rim being an absolute piece of shit as fact or just as a personal opinion..well..that's up to you. You decide. I didnt like Pacific Rim, i liked Godzilla even if i had some issues with it.

Done.

shauner111 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:You have an almost impressive way of making sweeping, definitive statements, while peppering it with "how I feel" or "for me" clarifications. It's confusing as fuck to read.
Oh cry me a river. Let me make it simple for you..

I liked Godzilla more than that piece of shit Pacific Rim. Whether im making a statement about Pacific Rim being an absolute piece of shit as fact or just as a personal opinion..well..that's up to you. You decide. I didnt like Pacific Rim, i liked Godzilla even if i had some issues with it.

Done.
I've seen a piece of shit today, it looked nothing like one of the best summer movies last year. But I guess you can put that in your re-view and print on paper: 'XY movie is a piece of shit, legit opinion yo.'

Why not? Everything is a matter of opinion.

Just saw this. Thank goodness Godzilla was actually in the film yo. The human element was very much lacking and in disaster/monster films I need humanity to step up.
If the narrative had just stuck with Watanabe's character, who was somewhat obsessed with Godzilla, I think it would have been the same film. This film has over 15 years to work with, but there was no real characters to care about; Godzilla had more emotion than AJT.
Set pieces are on point. Godzilla was sooo beautiful. I literally squealed whenever it was on screen.
same goes for the mutos.
I bet the dialogue between the mutos and godzilla would make for a much more entertaining cut of the film - they should include that in the bluray extras yo.
Godzilla going super saiyan - did not see that coming yo :thumbup:
FYI: Pacific Rim>Godzilla

Godzilla had beautiful eyes... he was staring right at my soul, just saying.