The Most Disappointing Movies of the Year

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Robin wrote:1. The Town (A predictable cheesy hollywood melodrama without any sting or memorable scenes. One of the most overrated films I've ever seen)

2. Somewhere (or lost in translation 2 without Bill Murray. Wants to be a sexy european arthouse flick, but is completely empty at it's core and lacks the mood and heart of a great film. Its pretentiousness beyond belief again from Coppola.

3. The Kids Are All Right (completely forgotten in a year when the next The Kids Are All Right is out)
lol... one of the best releases this year... lmao :roll:

The Town - I don't get it, sorry

I was excited before all these movies were premiered, not very much after... :problem:[/quote]

The Town was soooooo crap. But I respect anybodys opinion if you like it. I've never come out of a movie feeling so depressed. With everyone saying how awful it was aswell.

James wrote:
The Town was soooooo crap. But I respect anybodys opinion if you like it. I've never come out of a movie feeling so depressed. With everyone saying how awful it was aswell.
I wasn't depressed, I was bored :lol:

JRM
Nothing tops The Last Airbender in my list of disappointments.

Mine was Hereafter... what a piece of crap that was.

allstarr55js wrote:Mine was Hereafter... what a piece of crap that was.
could see that just from the trailer! could barely sit through it!...eastwood :roll:

MrG
JRM wrote:Nothing tops The Last Airbender in my list of disappointments.
Did you actually have high hopes for it?

MrG wrote:
Did you actually have high hopes for it?
He's not alone. i actually feel stupid that i was "pimping" the last airbender & i thought it was gonna be awesome. boy, was i mistaken. BIG TIME. also, forgot to mention, the kids are all right.
Last edited by thenextnolan on December 23rd, 2010, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Last Airbender

Same here. I thought it would be somewhat decent, considering that the material was already pre-made and I didn't think he could f-up that badly.