Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
shadoW wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:34 am
Allstar wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 7:30 pm
Nomis wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 5:22 pm
the real question is

who of the cast

will have the most successful career?

that is the question
Why is that the question?

The answer is probably Emilia Clarke.
Probably. She's incredibly cute, as well as pretty and a fan-favorite. That said, here's an incredibly controversial notion - she's not a very good actress. Made a fine Daenerys, though.
That’s why I chose her and would have chosen her even if I wasn’t quite fond of her work this last season. There’s a possible chance she can reprise her Star Wars role at some point (please) and she looks pretty damn charming in the new Paul Feig Christmas romantic comedy...not sure movie will be good though. Regardless what anyone thinks of her precise skill as an actress, nobody can deny she’s an immensely charming and lovely person on top of being beautiful and that goes a long way. On top of that I genuinely think she’s improving her acting, last season of Thrones is her best dramatic work regardless of writing, she’s good in Solo and looks good in the new Feig. I think a couple years ago she lost most of her tics that bugged me in the past personally.

Allstar wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 10:49 am
Maybe in a few years when Star Wars comes out people will have calmed down and moved on?
uh tell that to the TLJ crowd

m4st4 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 3:55 am
Allstar wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 3:10 am
^ LOL
I know right. What a giant waste of time.
Yeah, that's 1h10 minutes I'll never get back. Thanks for that.

Batfan175 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 5:02 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
^ LOL

What do I propose?

“It’s simple, we ban the Batfan”

Batfan175 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 5:02 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
^ LOL
Not to mention the time you wasted on typing posts nobody here will ever read or care about, you welcome. :thumbup:

I wonder how long it will take idiots online to realize how beautiful this ending is?

It's not often that the hero of the story chooses oblivion and uncertainty and that a story leaves you at that point. It's why I like the ending: there are no guarantees for happiness or any certainty of a just rule in the Seven Kingdoms at all. The ending presents us with the possibility of those things becoming a reality but the show has also showed us how flawed all these characters are and what terrible moral decisions they have made on occasion. Noone has ever come back from a voyage into the West either. Maybe Arya is sailing to her death, maybe she isn't. Maybe Sansa will make for a good queen, maybe not. Maybe Jon will have a happy life beyond the Wall...or maybe he'll fall of his horse and die in the middle of nowhere being hated by many in the Seven Kingdoms for killing the woman he loved. We'll never know and that's kinda great.

Vader182 wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 11:44 pm
this is a fabulous piece on why Game of Thrones deserved to win outstanding drama at the Emmy's this year despite not being the best drama this year. i agree with him almost completely.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/emmys-2 ... XEcjZ7jTug

-Vader
Yeah, it's an intriguing perspective.

The funniest thing to me is the salt of people like Lindsay Ellis on twitter lol, as if winning Outstanding Drama instead of Writing or Directing meant the show somehow got told by everyone how bad its writing was. To be considered among the nominations just for best drama shows kinda requires someone liking your writing. The show getting nominated at all is a great honour. It's just that wining is a greater honour.