Thor: Love & Thunder (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 19323
Joined: June 2012
Would it be pretty cool if Portman goes full Linda Hamilton in T2? yeah of course

Would she still be just as badass if she doesn't? Of course.

Portman has got comedic chops (I mean, that rap video is amazing) and she's just so damn talented. I cannot wait to see her grace the screen as Thor. She's going to look proper badass and she'll just own it.

She commands the screen. Jane has been terribly underwritten in all previous Thor outings but this makes me very excited. I don't get the hate but it's there...

Posts: 42317
Joined: May 2010
LelekPL wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 5:17 am
Characters like Batman, Captain America, Shang-Chi, Black Widow should look buff because they rely on human strength. But Superman or Thor are like this simply because of the comic aesthetic.
This logically makes sense but why would you say that’s Thor and Superman’s aesthetic?

Posts: 8524
Joined: August 2009
Allstar wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 11:22 am
LelekPL wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 5:17 am
Characters like Batman, Captain America, Shang-Chi, Black Widow should look buff because they rely on human strength. But Superman or Thor are like this simply because of the comic aesthetic.
This logically makes sense but why would you say that’s Thor and Superman’s aesthetic?
I'd argue that's due to the male gaze most likely. It affects men too. In Batman v Superman there was a zoom and pan shot of a shirtless Superman making eggs and same with the bathtub scene.

They are rather unnecessary but as the saying goes, sex sells.

Posts: 4209
Joined: January 2012
Just to be clear, I am not saying she needs to be muscular for her to be convincing, she'll be fine. I'm just saying it'd be nice if we could have female superheroes in the future that represent a wider variety of body types.

Posts: 510
Joined: July 2017
To be blunt, we need a "thicc" superhero. Someone who's fit with a healthy body fat percentage. Even Linda Hamilton, who clearly put in work and developed a good amount of muscle, was obviously still very thin. I would try to get any of them to resemble female MMA fighters like Michelle Waterson. If you want to talk about the "expectations" movies set, currently superhero movies are saying to girls, even if you are fit, you still need to get down to needlessly low body fat percentages like 10% to 15%.

Posts: 8524
Joined: August 2009
All I'll say is women like Hamilton, Gadot, Larson, etc are probably way healthier than you or I even if their body fat percentage is lower than mine. You need to be healthy to put in 16 hour days on an action movie set.

I do agree that there are many different types of women with different body types that I would love to see in these films but don't put down the actresses we have already.

Also, if more "thicc", as you so beautifully describe it, actresses were in these movies would you be okay with seeing a little FUPA? A little bit of belly? Some back fat? That's what a "thicc" body type entails.

And as someone who actually is in that "thicc" category
You do not want to see my titties slapping around on screen. Let the small titty chicks handle that.

Posts: 13471
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Artemis wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 5:45 pm
And as someone who actually is in that "thicc" category
You do not want to see my titties slapping around on screen. Let the small titty chicks handle that.
uh yes we do :twothumbsup:

Posts: 325
Joined: June 2017
Artemis wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 5:45 pm
And as someone who actually is in that "thicc" category
You do not want to see my titties slapping around on screen. Let the small titty chicks handle that.
Image

User avatar
Ace
Posts: 1286
Joined: November 2012

Posts: 7651
Joined: August 2012

Post Reply