Mission: Impossible 7 & 8 (2021-22)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Sources tell Variety that McQuarrie has signed back on to return to write and direct the next two films in the popular franchise. Sources also add that both films would be shot back-to-back — not unlike the final two “Avengers” sequels — in order to take advantage of the popularity of the series, with the first bowing summer 2021 and the second coming out in summer 2022. The release comes in 2021 to avoid conflict with Paramount and Cruise’s next big venture, “Top Gun: Maverick.”
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/chri ... 202986902/
Fuck yeah! Excited for Top Gun and these two bad boys.🕷️

Why is Cruise doing this to his career? We already know he's a master of action. Is he completely uninterested in any other genre of film? Because great as the stunts in Fallout are, this is embarrassing. This man has no ambition anymore beyond topping the last stunt. Where's the Cruise who primarily worked with interesting directors like DiCaprio?

if you give a guy shit for doing what he loves, you're probably an asshole

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 1:01 am
if you give a guy shit for doing what he loves, you're probably an asshole

-Vader
He shouldn’t have turned down Once Upon a Time in Hollywood though (if he did). Also, I think one can not be a fan of Cruise’s choices without being an asshole. In the 90’s he worked with top director after top director ala DiCaprio but lately ehhh not so much. That said it’s impossible to deny how much a brilliant sucesss the last 3 MI movies haven been, I am talking outside of that. Well Edge of Tomorrow was fantastic too, shame it flopped.

of course I'd love Cruise to work with PTA or Tarantino or do riskier projects, who wouldn't

that is completely different from saying Tom Cruise doing more Mission movies is "embarrassing"

-Vader

I hope McQ bring back everyone from previous movies.

Cruise has already racked up:

PTA
Scorsese
Kubrick
Both Scotts
Mann
Coppola
Stone
De Palma
Abrams
Levinson
Jordan
Pollack
Crowe
Redford
Reiner
Woo
Mangold
Singer
Liman
Howard
Zwick
Donaldson
And the great Alex Kurtzman. What more could you want?

Most of these were in the 90’s 80’s. Like I said. Also lol @ “Singer”.

dude's a piece of shit but still directed a movie commonly thought of as one of the greatest crime movies of all time and helped launch the current era of superhero movies along with Raimi while directing one of the best superhero movies ever (X2).

-Vader

He’s working with McQ two more times, after action masterpiece that was Fallout, that’s enough for the time being.🕷️