Disney owns 21st Century Fox Entertainment

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That's more like it.

LelekPL wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 8:48 am
That's more like it.
It’s habbeding. But I appreciate the details myself so yeah.

Still pretty insane tho

btw, why hasn't 21st century fox updated their logo? would've been nice to have it as 21st instead of 20th you know... at the start of this century lol

Nomis wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Still pretty insane tho

btw, why hasn't 21st century fox updated their logo? would've been nice to have it as 21st instead of 20th you know... at the start of this century lol
They are separate companies. 21st has its own logo.

Instead of improving its brands, Disney just buys more stuff. It is literally the laziest and most creatively bankrupt way to operate because they don't need to create a daring idea or concept from scratch or make good creative choices: they just acquire all the copyrights to other people's successful ideas and replicate those ideas in less interesting and much more mediocre fashion until everyone is sick of it.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 11:16 pm
Instead of improving its brands, Disney just buys more stuff. It is literally the laziest and most creatively bankrupt way to operate because they don't need to create a daring idea or concept from scratch or make good creative choices: they just acquire all the copyrights to other people's successful ideas and replicate those ideas in less interesting and much more mediocre fashion until everyone is sick of it.
What

Comcast still has a couple of days but the reports from CNBC are saying that they are unlikely to put another bid for Fox... so I guess Disney will buy them in the end.

Good for Marvel, I guess (I really like FOX's X-Men movies but I guess you can do them even better - plus they get the Silver Surfer and Galactus which is possibly even bigger than the X-Men), good for that Avatar world they're doing, good for the chances of a Star Wars theatrical cut rerelease on bluray and some kid friendly franchises that can get a new life at Disney (Casper, Home Alone, Doctor Dolittle, Ice Age)

But I'm not sure what will happen to some of the great R-rated IPs that 20th Centruy FOX has rights to:
- Alien (maybe Cameron can come back into the fold)
- Die Hard
- The Exorcist
- Kingsman
- The Omen
- Planet of the Apes
- Predator
- The Simpsons
- The X-files

These are pretty big IPs. I think Disney will still want to do something with Alien and Predator... but the rest is really up in the air. So was the 70 billion dollar buyout worthy of basically just getting the rights to X-Men and Avatar... and maybe Casper?

LOL Disney. That POS company that scared to portray lesbian(s) in the super heroes movies and left them on the cutting room floor.