1917 (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
One can't help but draw comparisons to Dunkirk, but this does looks visually exquisite.

It is indeed odd that the marketing would ape another film of similar aesthetic and lacking core star power, especially when that other film was a massive hit.

friendly reminder

Oku
I never understood why that scene received so much praise, when we got pretty much the same scene done better earlier that same year:

Chef's speech is natural and emotional, whereas Birdman's comes off as rambling and pseudointellectual.

oku my post was a roundabout way of saying it's cheap and not very insightful to just label and compare things as opposed to actually assessing content [in this context, if 1917 is like dunkirk, great. what about it? how did your emotional human brain actually feel about the trailer?]

and your reaction was to literally compare it to anothing thing you thought of that's similar. i'm not sure a more ironic moment has occured on this forum

Keith over here playing 4D chess

we don’t like logic here.

Oku
It's a good point, but it's like saying, "Can't we all just get along?" during a class debate or something.

It's a nice thought, but we are here on a movie forum to discuss movies.

And one of the best ways to explain how we don't like how a movie executed something is to be able to point to another movie that did it better and say, "This one did it better."

i want everyone to get along

Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
Good LORD Mendes has a hard on for Nolan. I mean, c’mon now....