Rank the films of Quentin Tarantino

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Do you mean in its reception? In a way I guess. I'm sure QT fanatics will love this film and defend it to death, as was the case with Dunkirk and Nolan fans. But I don't think critics love this as much as Dunkirk, and at the same time, I think general audiences will like it more than Dunkirk. After what I saw in the cinema the ending makes this a real crowd-pleaser.

In terms of structure I don't see much similarity, other than this being a departure in terms of their traditional storytelling techniques for both filmmakers.

LelekPL wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:14 am
Do you mean in its reception? In a way I guess. I'm sure QT fanatics will love this film and defend it to death, as was the case with Dunkirk and Nolan fans. But I don't think critics love this as much as Dunkirk, and at the same time, I think general audiences will like it more than Dunkirk. After what I saw in the cinema the ending makes this a real crowd-pleaser.

In terms of structure I don't see much similarity, other than this being a departure in terms of their traditional storytelling techniques for both filmmakers.
Actually, this is what I meant. Although, the way I would put it is that both Dunkirk and Hollywood are more orthodox in their approach to storytelling in film than any of their other movies.

Oku
Top tier-antino; very rewatchable, and have done so multiple times:

1. The Hateful Eight
2. Reservoir Dogs

Watched a couple times and liked it plenty, but definitely slogged a lot:

3. Jackie Brown - the soulful ending elevates its ranking ("Wow them in the end, and you've got a hit.")

Not bad films, but personally feel no inclination to rewatch:

4. Inglourious Basterds - outranks the other three mostly because I appreciate the fact that when characters are supposed to be speaking in non-English languages, they actually do
5. Django Unchained
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Kill Bill

You don’t have to be a ‘fanatic’ to choose to defend OUATIH in an argument. It’s a brilliant film, and in time, its reception won’t descend lower, for sure.