Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Catwoman and poison ivy origin movie inspired by Hustlers pls

Master Virgo wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 6:14 am
Still waiting for the Bane origin movie inspired by Raging Bull and Cape Fear.
His mother got fed to sharks and he lived in solitary confinement for most of his life. No wonder the poor boy turned to steroids to make himself feel better. Pay no attention to the pile of dead bodies he left in his wake, that only gets in the way of feeling bad for him.

A good villain origin story gets you to understand the main character's actions whilst acknowledging that what they're doing is reprehensible and that they absolutely have to be held accountable for their own actions.

Well, Phillips and Phoenix pretty much said everything that needed to be said in the IGN interview.

Aurora theater will not screen the movie apparently, huh.

‘Joker’ Director Todd Phillips Rebuffs Criticism of Dark Tone

“I literally described to Joaquin at one point in those three months as like, ‘Look at this as a way to sneak a real movie in the studio system under the guise of a comic book film’. It wasn’t, ‘We want to glorify this behavior.’ It was literally like ‘Let’s make a real movie with a real budget and we’ll call it f–ing Joker’. That’s what it was. “
What a fucking snob! "Real movies"? Like the kind of trash you were making all your career? Like fucking Due Date?

WB PR is probably having a meltdown right now. Between that and the comments about how we don't mind John Wick violence vs violence about a serial killer murdering innocents, he's not doing Joker any favors.

What they should be saying is: "uh, yeah that's a big issue why do you think we made the movie?

-Vader

I bet this drops to rotten next week by release. Critics have their knives fully sharpened now.

Law
Was all this chaos talked about when TDK was released? Help me to recollect

insertjokerchaos.gif

Law wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 5:27 pm
Was all this chaos talked about when TDK was released? Help me to recollect
I mean, since the release of TDK the Joker has been sort of co-opted by right-wing nihilists and trolls as a mascot more or less from what I understand. Don't think there was anything similar to what's happening now going on in 2008. People just really enjoyed the performance and yeah in the UK there was some controversy over the film's rating because some parents complained about the film getting a 12A because it was so dark and violent but I don't think people were actually worried about the film glorifying the Joker because, while the character is charismatic, he is also quite clearly the villain of the piece and his actions are always framed as horrifying and morbid in some fashion.