Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I like m4 and don’t think he said anything too bad before the ban but I wish he didn’t have these meltdowns where he claims he’s leaving the forum only to eventually come back whether it’s a few days, a few weeks or a month. He’s done this countless times and always comes back. I’m glad he comes back because I enjoy his presence but these meltdowns are unnecessary.

m4st4 wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 12:57 am
See, that’s where you’re wrong Ruth, I’m not a victim, I’m part of the problem. Always was. The problem here is that you guys will gladly put all of the blame on me and won’t even see the OP or how it all started. You just see another by-the-numbers m4 rant. As indicated by several posters talking about gamers in the follow up posts. Excuse me? Who cares about gamers and why even bring it up? Means my point was mistaken for something else. Well, so be it. Vader, Virgo, Ruth... Artemis? Who clearly is just riled as hell for some drama these days and enjoys this as much as I did back in the days for whatever personal reason... thanks, guys. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt and 3rd person talkback. :thumbup:

As the great admin added in the message that was delivered to me three days ago - yes, I’m in Prague and it is beautiful here. Irl and all that. So that on itself will be my ‘chill pill’. Cheers. :gonf:

*solo, appreciated, but a bit too late... at least now I know!
lol wut? I wasn't the one who got mad over jokes in a Joker thread lmao

And thank you Ruth for the kid words! <3

can we please bump this thread when there is news and not for 10 pages of hot and steamy gossip

I've locked this topic for now. Expect it to remain locked until the movie is released at the latest.

EDIT: Unlocked. Keep all discussions related to the movie. Any other problems take it up in PMs.

Joker just won the Golden Lion at Venice :lol:

Holy shit.

On top of that, Nate Parker and Roman Polanski also won awards too.

Law
I’m still confused at all the hate for this movie. It does well, wins awards, sits with a high score on every film website. And you guys laugh at it .. why? It’s obviously a well made film

Law wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 4:20 pm
I’m still confused at all the hate for this movie. It does well, wins awards, sits with a high score on every film website. And you guys laugh at it .. why? It’s obviously a well made film
No I agree, I'm laughing at the fact that the knives have been out for this one like no other film in recent memory and yet it has already become a massive success pre-release.

Law wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 4:20 pm
it's misplaced but imo not that confusing. doing a 'joker' movie in the first place seemed like a foolhardy idea, not to mention with todd philips so it was a bomb primed to detonate there...

add into the fire a script that leaked (I haven't read it) that boosted incel ideology on a broad scale and was a 'meme' on that basis for months before it screened in venice

i have no dog in this fight and think the whole situation is absurd

-Vader

It's just kind of silly how last year Roma won the top prize and this year a meme movie is winning it.

I do hope the movie is good when I see it though.