Page 67 of 125

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 3rd, 2019, 7:18 pm
by Batman's Batman
Nomis wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 5:42 am
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suffice to say, the Joker is quite the role though. I mean, not only pointing negatively towards Leto's wild.... Ride. But Nicholson and Ledger have played the parts tremendously well. Nicholson made him iconic but Ledger made him absolutely legendary. I can't wait to see Phoenix performance. He's got that raw talent and experience to completely inhabit it and the fact that it's all about the Joker now gives him even more freedom with the part. It's great to hear that he's great as the Joker but I'm already pretty excited to see his performance in full.

As for Phoenix being snubbed of an Oscar with Gladiator, I agree lol. He was so fucking good.
Wait, aren't you the same Nomis from comicbookmovie, who always says that TDK is his least favorite Nolan film and Ledger's Joker had no positive effect on you? Just asking.
wat looooollllll

hell to the fucking no lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, then. That's why I was asking. Your name is very specific, and I saw a guy on that other site with the exact same name, talking on similar topics, so I assumed: maybe it was you.

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 3rd, 2019, 9:09 pm
by m4st4
Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:19 pm
This might just be his new BvS looks like, where he snaps at people for no goddamn reason.
same with TLJ. he'd go nuclear at my general criticisms / responses to other members. clearly he might have something going on in his personal life, hopefully he gets that resolved.

the general conversation around the movie by all corners, including here, i mostly don't understand. memes or not. i'm sitting this one out until october.


-Vader
Virgo,remember that time when we were friends and you didn’t suddenly switch 180 because I didn’t like that one Brie Larson interview so you went full defense force and painted me into something I never was, or will be, ever? Me neither, it’s been so long.

Vader, remember that time when you actually respected, or listened to anything I have to say here? Of course you don’t, it never happened. My mental health and life are fine, thanks very much, so no it’s not as ‘clear’ as it seems.

I was advised by the great administrator to take a chill pill after Artemis insinuated, two times, that I need one, for some reason. Third strike was her mentioning something that happened god knows when, when I called her out for poorly labeling gamers like it’s the 90s.

I don’t care for this movie enough, I’ll probably watch it on blu-ray first, even though Joaquin looks brilliant as always. My original post clearly and literally commented on the state of the social media regarding said movie and how it is already presumed it will somehow create a chaos in which world’s geekish underbelly sill somehow riot on the streets or whatever. Nobody here was called out, nobody here was ‘antagonised’, it was a general statement.

And yet I was the one who got a ban, while you have stray cats here running wild and posting whatever they like, topic or no topic.

Well fuck you, I say. This movie ain’t worth it. This board ain’t worth it. I regret every decent thread I made here, every decent post and discussion I participated in, because all it takes is one poorly analyzed sequence of events and y’all are ganging up like bunch of hyenas. Basically, fuck me for ever wasting my time here.

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 3rd, 2019, 9:15 pm
by Artemis
m4st4 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 9:09 pm
Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:19 pm
This might just be his new BvS looks like, where he snaps at people for no goddamn reason.
same with TLJ. he'd go nuclear at my general criticisms / responses to other members. clearly he might have something going on in his personal life, hopefully he gets that resolved.

the general conversation around the movie by all corners, including here, i mostly don't understand. memes or not. i'm sitting this one out until october.


-Vader
Virgo,remember that time when we were friends and you didn’t suddenly switch 180 because I didn’t like that one Brie Larson interview so you went full defense force and painted me into something I never was, or will be, ever? Me neither, it’s been so long.

Vader, remember that time when you actually respected, or listened to anything I have to say here? Of course you don’t, it never happened. My mental health and life are fine, thanks very much, so no it’s not as ‘clear’ as it seems.

I was advised by the great administrator to take a chill pill after Artemis insinuated, two times, that I need one, for some reason. Third strike was her mentioning something that happened god knows when, when I called her out for poorly labeling gamers like it’s the 90s.

I don’t care for this movie enough, I’ll probably watch it on blu-ray first, even though Joaquin looks brilliant as always. My original post clearly and literally commented on the state of the social media regarding said movie and how it is already presumed it will somehow create a chaos in which world’s geekish underbelly sill somehow riot on the streets or whatever. Nobody here was called out, nobody here was ‘antagonised’, it was a general statement.

And yet I was the one who got a ban, while you have stray cats here running wild and posting whatever they like, topic or no topic.

Well fuck you, I say. This movie ain’t worth it. This board ain’t worth it. I regret every decent thread I made here, every decent post and discussion I participated in, because all it takes is one poorly analyzed sequence of events and y’all are ganging up like bunch of hyenas. Basically, fuck me for ever wasting my time here.

Let it all out honey. Put it in the book.

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 12:28 am
by Ruth
m4st4 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 9:09 pm
Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 6:19 pm
This might just be his new BvS looks like, where he snaps at people for no goddamn reason.
same with TLJ. he'd go nuclear at my general criticisms / responses to other members. clearly he might have something going on in his personal life, hopefully he gets that resolved.

the general conversation around the movie by all corners, including here, i mostly don't understand. memes or not. i'm sitting this one out until october.


-Vader
Virgo,remember that time when we were friends and you didn’t suddenly switch 180 because I didn’t like that one Brie Larson interview so you went full defense force and painted me into something I never was, or will be, ever? Me neither, it’s been so long.

Vader, remember that time when you actually respected, or listened to anything I have to say here? Of course you don’t, it never happened. My mental health and life are fine, thanks very much, so no it’s not as ‘clear’ as it seems.

I was advised by the great administrator to take a chill pill after Artemis insinuated, two times, that I need one, for some reason. Third strike was her mentioning something that happened god knows when, when I called her out for poorly labeling gamers like it’s the 90s.

I don’t care for this movie enough, I’ll probably watch it on blu-ray first, even though Joaquin looks brilliant as always. My original post clearly and literally commented on the state of the social media regarding said movie and how it is already presumed it will somehow create a chaos in which world’s geekish underbelly sill somehow riot on the streets or whatever. Nobody here was called out, nobody here was ‘antagonised’, it was a general statement.

And yet I was the one who got a ban, while you have stray cats here running wild and posting whatever they like, topic or no topic.

Well fuck you, I say. This movie ain’t worth it. This board ain’t worth it. I regret every decent thread I made here, every decent post and discussion I participated in, because all it takes is one poorly analyzed sequence of events and y’all are ganging up like bunch of hyenas. Basically, fuck me for ever wasting my time here.
You know what bro, most of your self victimizing “me against the world” crap is not even worth responding at this point. You’ve done it before, you’re doing it again. Moving on.

But Artemis isn’t a fucking stray cat, or whatever broken figure of speech you’re trying to use here. She’s not “crazy town” either. Her posts weren’t “depressed troll” posting or whatever. She’s a long standing member of this board, and she deserves as much respect as you think you do. Do you think you can just dish this shit out to everybody while you can’t take it yourself?

Everything else has already been said to you, or addressed. But you just go off on these long tangential posts that usually have nothing to do with the conflict itself. Everyone does you dirty. But not you. I don’t know if this is your lack of self awareness showing, or what, and I kind of don’t care anymore. Just don’t play the victim when you’re comfortably dipping your toes into your own nastiness once again.

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 12:44 am
by Disney+'s solo2001
m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:20 pm
Poor society, how can we continue as species after... a movie? Piece of art that is supposed to invoke discussion among viewers, ideally.

Seriously, what’s with the overwhelming number of hot takes with this one.
https://junkee.com/joker-memes-society/215743
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gamer-jo ... rs-rise-up

it's a continuation of a meme, to answer your original question

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 12:57 am
by m4st4
See, that’s where you’re wrong Ruth, I’m not a victim, I’m part of the problem. Always was. The problem here is that you guys will gladly put all of the blame on me and won’t even see the OP or how it all started. You just see another by-the-numbers m4 rant. As indicated by several posters talking about gamers in the follow up posts. Excuse me? Who cares about gamers and why even bring it up? Means my point was mistaken for something else. Well, so be it. Vader, Virgo, Ruth... Artemis? Who clearly is just riled as hell for some drama these days and enjoys this as much as I did back in the days for whatever personal reason... thanks, guys. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt and 3rd person talkback. :thumbup:

As the great admin added in the message that was delivered to me three days ago - yes, I’m in Prague and it is beautiful here. Irl and all that. So that on itself will be my ‘chill pill’. Cheers. :gonf:

*solo, appreciated, but a bit too late... at least now I know!

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 1:09 am
by Master Virgo
Fuck me for ever wasting my time on this forum, so now here's my next not so very short post.

K

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 1:16 am
by Ruth
m4st4 wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 12:57 am
See, that’s where you’re wrong Ruth, I’m not a victim, I’m part of the problem. Always was. The problem here is that you guys will gladly put all of the blame on me and won’t even see the OP or how it all started. You just see another by-the-numbers m4 rant. As indicated by several posters talking about gamers in the follow up posts. Excuse me? Who cares about gamers and why even bring it up? Means my point was mistaken for something else. Well, so be it. Vader, Virgo, Ruth... Artemis? Who clearly is just riled as hell for some drama these days and enjoys this as much as I did back in the days for whatever personal reason... thanks, guys. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt and 3rd person talkback. :thumbup:

As the great admin added in the message that was delivered to me three days ago - yes, I’m in Prague and it is beautiful here. Irl and all that. So that on itself will be my ‘chill pill’. Cheers. :gonf:

*solo, appreciated, but a bit too late... at least now I know!
Whatever you say man. If you ever want to talk it out, you can PM me. But no one’s blamed of anything you haven’t been blaming others of.

P.S. just so that there’s as little confusion as possible - I’m that “admin” you’re speaking of. And atm not seeing any reason to regret my decision to ban you.

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 1:36 am
by Disney+'s solo2001
y'all knew this is how m4 gets when you rustle his jimmies

Re: Joker (2019)

Posted: September 4th, 2019, 1:37 am
by anikom15
It’s getting a little too real in here. Really says a lot about our society >.>