Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:39 pm
Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm
Lol bro okay. We'll stop oppressing THE GAMERS
Who is we?
When did I mention gamers in my first post here today?
Again, why are you so antagonistic?

My post was clearly a comment on both twitter narrative and critics somehow labeling this movie and acting like it’s a detonated pop culture bomb and the premiere is still far away. How about let the movie hit the cinemas first, let audiences decide if they want to collectively put a clown mask, even after IT part II, and start rioting on the streets... or not?

But I get it, it’s been a rough patch irl and now my previous sarcastic commentary on gamers is coming back at me like it’s relevant to my original post. I get it. ;)

Chill pill? Always advised.
cool

Ruth wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:41 pm
So my tinfoil hat theory is that the IT movies and the clown shit that happened was all a very well calculated marketing move for the Joker kino. It all happened for a reason.
This will make like 3 billion at the BO guaranteed. Speaking of BO, try going to showings during the day. Won't have to deal with the smell of gamer nerd.

Guys, stop fighting!!! Look what the Joker did to you!!

Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 3:04 pm
LMAO!!!!!!!

The thing I don't get is do people really think someone sees a movie and spontaneously decides to commit harm towards others?
If they are that far gone, they are gonna do bad things no matter what. If this movie isn't their inspiration, then something else will be, or they will find the reasoning internally.
Blaming a movie is the same as Trump and others blaming video games. Restricting guns should be the focus, the main and only focus.

Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:44 pm
Ruth wrote:
So my tinfoil hat theory is that the IT movies and the clown shit that happened was all a very well calculated marketing move for the Joker kino. It all happened for a reason.
This will make like 3 billion at the BO guaranteed. Speaking of BO, try going to showings during the day. Won't have to deal with the smell of gamer nerd.
Might put a link to NF diary thread as a signature there, just so people understand the crazyness lately.

m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 3:26 pm
Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:44 pm
Ruth wrote:
Might put a link to NF diary thread as a signature there, just so people understand the crazyness lately.
would you say this amount of craziness is reflective of our society?

Not really no, of one’s level of stress maybe.

Looking forward to this movie maybe, mrs. Moderator? Or shall we continue deraling threads and enabling it cuz veteran posters blah-blah? Myself included since I let myself post further than one should.

m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 3:43 pm
Not really no, of one’s level of stress maybe.

Looking forward to this movie maybe, mrs. Moderator? Or shall we continue deraling threads and enabling it cuz veteran posters blah-blah? Myself included since I let myself post further than one should.
i mean sure mods are welcome to stop this shit. if making jokes isn’t allowed here, which is something i wasn’t aware of. also, i cannot really control what you let yourself do, so if you can’t stop responding, that’s on you, not me. nobody mentioned veteran members here so i have no idea what this has got to do with anything we’ve been discussing here so far