Trailer for I'm Still Here

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm pretty sure that everyone here remembers when Joaquin Phoenix said that he would leave acting and become rapper. Well, this "documentary" is all about that. I honestly can not wait for this movie. It seems like it will be a good watch.

:thumbdown:

CrazyEight wrote::thumbdown:
Thumbs down for the trailer or for the whole idea of making a documentary like this?

akv1984 wrote:
CrazyEight wrote::thumbdown:
Thumbs down for the trailer or for the whole idea of making a documentary like this?
Whole idea.

Why should we care about his midlife crisis?

CrazyEight wrote:
Whole idea.

Why should we care about his midlife crisis?

I don't think it's a midlife crisis. It's just this big grand scale performance. If anything, Joaquin is making fun of what it is to be a celebrity. He's making a mockery out of it on this grand scale. He's just having fun I suppose.

Wow. I don't even know what to make of this. Bizarre. IDK much about his situation before, so this could be interesting to watch.

Has he even done anything with his rapping career thus far?

What's his point? A great actor is in the verge of destroying his career and in his life. I have respect for him and I want him to come back on the screen and play Edgar Poe like it was rumored.

did you see that belly? :lol:

MrG
I miss Phoenix. He was great in Gladiator and Signs. He was really good in Walk the Line

MrG wrote:I miss Phoenix. He was great in Gladiator and Signs. He was really good in Walk the Line
Couldn't agree more with you MrG, just hope there is some sanity left after this escapade for him to continue acting at that level :lol: