Who's gonna see Revenge Of The Fallen?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I saw the trailer and I am itching to see it when it hits to theaters.

Site Admin
I think this is going to be an amazing "visual" film.
It'll super-fun to watch, especially with some scenes in IMAX. 8-)

Unfortunately, I think the story behind all of this movie's madness is, flat out, going to fail. Hard. From the trailer you can pick up little bits of what the story is turning into and I'm not really liking any of it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Transformers as a kid, and the film two summers ago was really the only Transformers-anything that I've ever seen. I must admit though, I remember the film as being quite enjoyable. The catch: I've only seen it once.

Maybe this film will be the same way - who knows. I'm just saying that it's definitely going to look amazing (Michael Bay is good at blowing up stuff), but the story is going to suck.

You don't watch Michael Bay movies for a good story, you watch them for the cars that fly over your head, buildings that blow up, bombs going off everywhere. 8-)

Site Admin
That's completely true. 8-)
That trailer gets me excited. I think I'm going to go watch it again.

I think Transformers is the kind of film that reminds you of your childhood :D I mean, when I was a kid, I always wanted to watch these kind of blockbusters with huge explosions, giant laser-shooting robots or aliens, or spaceships, meteors, etc. I'm sure that the story is gonna be the weakest part of the movie, but I'm also sure that I will see it in theaters because of the visuals. Again: it reminds me of my childhood :D (all right, I'm not that old now, but... you get the point)

Site Admin
If this movie didn't have IMAX scenes, I would be renting it.

TeddyBlass wrote:If this movie didn't have IMAX scenes, I would be renting it.
Yes, I think it does

I'm gonna skip on this one unless I have some extra cash. I'm going to go see Moon instead.

OH MY GOD this movie is HORRIBLE!

I don't know if I have a bad taste for films or something, but Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen is one of the worst movies I have EVER seen. I'm not joking. And the saddest part of this is that the movie was made from 300 million dollars! I mean... holy God!

The first half of the film is nearly unwatchable. No, not nearly - it's definitely unwatchable and unreviewable. I mean it's so bad that I can't even comment on it. Lied again, of course I can't comment on it... IT'S TERRIBLE. It's so awkward, I was emberassed when I was watching those so-called "funny" scenes where Shia LaBeouf's parents were on the screen, or when he went to the university and he met his roommate, or I don't know who... oh, and that roommate. He's one of the most annoying characters of the history of cinema. But not he's the only bad character in the film - there are tons of them! John Torturro is bad, Megan Fox is cute but useless, and those Twin-Autobots... they are the worst. I can't tell you how unfunny they are. Or maybe I have a wrong sense of humour. If this is the case, and in fact the film's jokes are the best jokes in the world, then I better kill myself.

That scene where that tiny little robot "is having sex" with Megan Fox's leg...?!?

And the CGI doesn't compensate you for this! Sadly the "story" of the film and the dialogues and jokes are so mind-blowingly bad that you can't concentrate on the visuals - you just simply don't care. I could continue this review forever but it would be a 100 pages long book, and I don't have time for this. Just please, never watch it in theatre. Don't make this horrible movie succesful.

I think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. In my top ten. I recommend it. It's just one opinion. You sound like my uncle who hated the first one. I don't think he's gonna see it though. Although it did had a few horrible scenes. And I also I think the fight between Optimus and The Fallen a bit longer.